1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Stay in a sumptuous hotel room in NYC overlooking Times Sq!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Last year I said, “I make no resolutions! Damn things! And I won’t make any this year! So piss off! [same as 2003]“; this year I AM making a couple of resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Julie, Cherie & Zoot!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mother passed away on December 17th.
5. What countries did you visit?
France, Jamaica, Bahamas, Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A companion [same]
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 17th, when my Mom died
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping my sanity
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting in shape [same]
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to go see Robert Plant! Oh wait…I didn’t buy those, they were a gift…um…my Paris vacation, I guess.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No one that I can think of, certainly not mine!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
someone who shall remain nameless
14. Where did most of your money go?
credit cards LOL
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to see Robert Plant in concert
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
You’re Beautiful, by James Blunt
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner, amazingly enough!
iii. richer or poorer? definitely poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
will did you be spending Christmas?
With my family, opening gifts, cooking, cleaning up.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
well, not IRL, but with Snape, yes!
23. How many one-night stands?
Still: 0! Zero! Zip! Nada! I’m so proud!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost, followed by Medium, Surface, Supernatural, Invasion, My Name is Earl & Everyone Hates Chris
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah…well I really dislike my old boss, but that was my answer last year and the year before that, too LOL
26. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Quite a few things, actually: tickets to see Robert Plant, discovering Tuscany at Mohegan Sun, cafe creme at Paul’s in Paris
29. What did you want and not get?
A lover, a new camera, a trip thru the catacombs of Paris
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Howl’s Moving Castle
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? The exact day, I worked, and went to the mall with a co-worker…I turned 48
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A lover, perhaps, but a good one…I’m a bit spoiled in that area, fortunately or unfortunately!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
34. What kept you sane?
My obsession with all things Snape, Led Zeppelin, Johnny Depp
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp/Professor Severus Snape
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well, it’s not a political issue yet, but I sure as hell hope it will be one day and that’s the selling of pets in pet stores DON’T BUY PUPPIES IN PET STORES!!!
37. Who did you miss?
Still, Calvin and Michele
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
That people can and do change, no relationship stays the same, and sometimes those changes result in the loss of a friend.
Once again, many of these were the same as last years…and the year before that…hmmm…