This challenge is from Carl; he says:
“Here’s how the contest works. Simply join me in this challenge. Post an entry on your blog indicating that you are taking on the Readers Imbibing Peril (R.I.P.) Autumn Challenge (or post here if you are blogless) and pick out any 5 books that you want to read (they don’t have to be from this list) that you think meet the very open, broad criteria of being scary, eerie, moody, dripping with atmosphere, gothic, unsettling, etc. and vow to read them. You may have even read one recently and want to count it. That’s it! Let me know in the comments or via email (email@example.com) that you are joining in.”
If you’d like to join in this challenge, simply click on this link to Carl’s post and leave him a comment!
I’m going to read:
1. Murder Most Scottish, an anthology
2. The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
3. Roald Dahl’s Book of Ghost Stories, edited by Roald Dahl
4. A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials by Frances Hill
5. Vampires: The Greatest Stories, a compilation of stories.