Joyce over at “From This Side of the Pond” hosts this.
1. What is one thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
EVERYTHING! Nothing of mine is organized, and I really don’t like it. However, organization is not my strong suite.
2. What’s the worst uniform you’ve ever had to wear for a job?
I never had to wear a uniform. The last job I had in Civil Service, I did have to dress up quite a bit (secretary to a 3 star general), but I kind of liked that.
3. What was your last kitchen ‘mishap’?
Hmmm…well, I put out some bleu cheese wrapped in pastry and filled with caramel sauce, apples & cranberries that was a spectacular taste failure LOL! However, I didn’t make it, bought it at Wegman’s.
I did cook something awhile back that Dave kindly ate, but was just so burnt LOL! Can’t remember what it was…they looked like hockey pucks.
Oh, and I pulled a kitchen towel off the counter awhile ago…unfortunately, there was a sharp knive on it! Fortunately, it ended up buried in the floor, and not my foot, or the dog! Course I had to take a picture of it LOL!
4. How do you protect yourself against other people’s negativity?
I’m leaving what Joyce said, because it is SO well said and very true for me:
“If you’re perpetually negative I will keep you at arms length. If something negative is said I’m the person who likes to point out ‘the bright side’. Because there always is one ya know!
If you’re perpetually negative and I have to interact with you on a regular basis I will try to get you to see circumstances from another angle. You should also know on the inside I’ll be sighing with impatience just a little.”
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? Do you agree?
People in my family say I look like me dear ol’ Dad. People not in the family say I look like me Mum. I’d agree with people in the family LOL!
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day…will you be celebrating?
With my love of water, you’d think I love bubble baths. But no. The tub has to be spectacular, with a lots of jets on all sides, and the room warm (at least in winter). Otherwise, no go.
7. Some of the ‘world’s best winter festivals’ are…Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy), and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I’ve been to the one in Sapporo my last year in Japan, and it was spectacular. But the one I’d choose from that list would be Mardi Gras! ALWAYS wanted to go…haven’t yet. Hopefully one day!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I mentioned to Dave this morning that my friend Karen will be coming over this Saturday to hang out and watch the movie Brave. I told him I was going to make lunch (a pizza with a sweet potato/cheese crust). He said, and I quote: “Wait. How about lobster grilled cheese with some of those bi-colored corn chips and a glass of wine?” And it went on from there, concluding with “you ladies can sit and relax with wine and I’ll prepare it all.” For the love of all that’s holy, how did I get so lucky???