Come play along with us at Joyce’s blog, From This Side of the Pond.
1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?
A walk in the woods, it’s been FAR too long! Last time was last month, I think, and it was a 3 hour jaunt with Dave, his grandson Ralphy & Wolf the shiba inu. A good time was had by all, although Ralphy was a little whiny by the end lol.
A stroll along the beach: I think it was last summer! Also FAR too long. Maybe I’ll be able to remedy that this weekend
A drive: Last weekend…we had Ralphy and wanted some time away from the Wii
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?
Yup, I always send Christmas cards. The last 3 years, since I’ve been with Dave, he draws a Christmas-y / wintery scene that includes us and the dogs (this year, Max passed away, so he’s included, but as an angel) and I print it out and glue it to ready made cards. Here’s a little something he drew last year:
I’m not sure how many I send…maybe 50 or so. I’ve sent out 22 thus far and I have quite a few left to do! I display them on cords strung on the walls.
3. What’s a word you’ve heard too much of in the past week?
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
I like peppermint hot chocolate the best, with or without marshmallows, either way is fine with me! Deeelish!
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
Really, I don’t let myself get sucked into a hectic pace. I take my time, do a lot of shopping on line and do what I can.
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
It’s coming on Christmas
They’re cutting down trees
They’re putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Dave asked me today if it was too much for me to buy gifts for his three kids and four grandkids. Here’s what I told him: Since I never had kids, look at all the money I saved. Now, finally, I have kids to buy stuff for…and so, no, it’s not too much at all. In fact, it’s enjoyable