Three years and 20 days ago I had surgery to remove cancer in my *ahem* rear area. As of today, I graduate to a six month check up schedule (as opposed to every three months), and I continue to be cancer free (knock on wood)!
So much has changed since 2009! Here’s a quick run down of that year, in order of events:
- there was a memorial service for my Dad, who passed away on New Year’s Eve at 15 minutes to midnight
- cleaned out and sold the childhood home where I had been living with Dad
- diagnosed with rectal cancer
- bought my own home for the first time and moved in
- started chemo and radiation
- had surgery
I was incredibly lucky in that SO many people helped me during this time (not the realtors lol, I didn’t have a very good experience there). Friends and family from near and far provided support in any way they could and I STILL and always will appreciate that so much!
Today, I’m healthy (mostly…damn weight) and happy (not ALL the time, but the normal amount) and my life is overflowing with … well, LIFE! And I’m very grateful for that.