Borrowed from Sherilee, who borrowed it from someone else, and so on!
1. Outside my window… Snow! For only the third time this winter (not counting flurries that didn’t add up to anything). I wish it could be like this EVERY winter! Then New England would be perrrrfect.
2. I am thankful… for the fact I’m still here, and relatively healthy!
3. In the kitchen… I used up the last of the bacon this morning to save for sandwiches over the weekend. Also heated up a handful of mushrooms & onions that were cooked with the liver we had for dinner the other night, tossed in some leftover veggies from last night, added a handful of leftover white rice, then added an egg. Stir fried rice! And now we have MORE leftovers, since that made way more than I could eat for breakfast.
4. I am wearing… A black mock turtleneck, grey cords and black Uggs. Hmmm…methinks a bit of color would be helpful!
5. I am creating… some happy memories for Dave’s grandchildren, I hope.
6. I am going… to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC this April! Woohoo! SO excited!!!
7. I am reading… up to three books now, but the most recent is one I’m listening to on my commute back and forth to work. It’s called “The Lake Shore Limited”, by Sue Miller. Before that I listened to “The Night Circus”, Erin Morgenstern’s first novel and I LOVED it!
8. I am learning… How to deal with all that life gifts me with, good and bad.
9. I am pondering… what to put in this part … *grin*
10. A favorite quote for today… I’m leaving the one that Sherilee chose, because it’s perfect:
Never mind. The self is the least of it. Let our scars fall in love.
11. One of my favorite things… is watching Wolf enjoy the heck out of snow! It rejuvenates him, I swear.
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… Visiting a friend either in the hospital or at home, and I’m hoping at home, cause that way I get to make one of her favorite meals: cheese raviolis with spicy red pepper sauce, sprinkled with grated cheese from the green can (hey, it’s her fav) and brownies for dessert. Friday night, I hope to catch up with an old friend, then this weekend, spend some alone time with Dave!!!
13. A peek into my day…
I was walking Wolf this morning, when I spied these two in the stream…they were making sure the water didn’t freeze over! Poor lil things, all confused by this weather. They’ll be happy this weekend, tho, it’s supposed to be 50 Saturday!