Took a half day off from work last Friday and headed up to Vermont for a girl’s weekend! It’s about a 4 hour drive for me, which I don’t mind in the least. I listened to “A Night Circus” (narrated by Jim Dale, swoon), put on cruise control and off I went.
- Meandering up and down Church St in Burlington again
- snow flurries that didn’t amount to anything each morning
- walking in the woods with my friends, their children and their dogs
- Enjoyed some delicious lasagna (with an amazing vodka sauce) at Bove’s Café (the chef went up against Bobby Flay in a throw down…Flay won, but I heard he used much more expensive ingredients to tasty it up even more)
- Finding a little corner cafe that served a great maple soy latte
- Walking into Dobra’s Tea to see what they had to offer…amazing place!
- Playing a new game with Betsy’s daughters (i’ll be doggoned if I can remember the name of it…it was kind of similar to Apples to Apples)
- sitting around talking, reminiscing and just enjoying getting to see each other again. Betsy lives in Rochester, NY, Kris & her husband in Jamestown, NY and Maureen in Essex, VT, so it’s a bit of a ride in any direction if we all want to get together.
Do you have any plans for this weekend?