Here are 13 cancer fighting foods and spices and the funny thing is, I crave almost all of the things on this list…is my body telling me something?
1. Avocados: Slice, drizzle with balsamic cream…devour!
2. Cruciferous vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage: All of these things I’ve been eating a lot of lately, especially cauliflower (roasted, with lemon & garlic) and kale (in soups, as chips, in salads)
3. Carrots: Always a favorite snack, raw, of course. Even the dogs love carrots!
4. Figs: I am late to the fig/date loving party, but I’m making up for lost time!
5. Flax: Been making a type of ‘oatmeal’ of ground flax, banana, vanilla and almond milk…also adding ground flax to the buttermilk bread I’ve been baking lately.
6. Grapefruit, oranges & lemons: These 3 fruits remind me of bright, sunny days, and I can’t get enough!
7. Licorice Root: It’s the main ingredient in my favorite Tea by Aveda
8. Mushrooms: ADDICTED!!! Dave sautes them for me at least once a week.
9. Nuts: Could eat nuts and peanut butter til it comes out my ears. In fact, I can’t control myself around them, so I have to be careful to dole out portions and not keep the rest in sight.
10. Raspberries: As if I need another reason to eat these delicious berries!
11. Rosemary: My favorite spice, by far. I’m growing a pot of it on my kitchen table. Nothing like fresh!
12. Seaweed: Been eating sushi at least once a week lately…fish & seaweed, good and healthy!
13. Tomatoes: Is there anything better than a fresh tomato off the vine? During the rest of the year, I’ll use tomatoes in my cooking, usually canned or frozen because fresh just doesn’t taste the same if it’s not summertime.
Come join the fun over at T13!