Come play along: Thursday-13
1. I love that Dave has a big family (8 siblings, all of whom have kids and grandkids of their own, and his 3 children & 4 grandchildren)! Coming from a small family (just my brother and me, my Dad was an only child, my Mom wasn’t close to her brothers or aunts & uncles), it’s fun. And the most amazing thing to me is that they all get along so well! They might not see each other every day or even all that often, but when they do, there’s no bickering or jealousy…just fun and talk. I LOVE that!
2. I went clothes shopping with Dave’s youngest sister last night. She’s close to my age and this was the first time we had done anything just the two of us. We had fun, but OMG! My stoma was making SO much noise! I explained to her what was going on and she just shrugged and said, that’s life. Made me feel more comfortable.
3. I’m content. Been a long time, if ever, that I’ve felt like that. I feel that I’m finally where I’m supposed to be.
4. The relationship that Dave and I have is amazing. We’re happy with the way things are. We don’t need material things to make us any more happy…a long car ride is all we need, and barring that…a walk. Motion is good for us!
5. While I’m far from rich, I’m at a place where I’m comfortable. I don’t have to live paycheck to paycheck anymore. That’s a great feeling!
6. Lately, I’ve been able to stop biting my nails. No desire. Of course, keeping polish on them helps!
7. My bed. It’s SO comfortable!!! It’s my absolute favorite piece of furniture in the house.
8. I love that I’m slowly but surely letting go of material possessions. I had such a stockpile of perfumes and lotions…and lately, I’ve been bringing some to work. It’s fun to give to a co-worker and watch her face light up!
9. I love my iPhone and iPad. The iPad makes it so amazingly easy to consolidate all my books…to play a game with friends I don’t get a chance to see as much as I’d like…to view pictures…to kill those darn pigs! The iPhone, since it’s always with me, has taken over as my favorite photography tool. I recently downloaded Camera+ and I love it! Makes it so easy to edit pictures and save or upload to various places online.
10. I love this summer. It’s been utterly amazing so far! I spent more time down the Cape (Cape Cod to you non-Massholes) than I have since summers as a child. I’ve spent time up the mountains, seen a family of foxes, reconnected with a high school friend I hadn’t seen since high school, posted and read funny, entertaining and/or meaningful things on Facebook, saw a bunch of concerts and found a Popeye’s not too far away. Love!!!
11. I was thrilled that the last Harry Potter movie was so damn good! Finally, Snape explained. They did a fantastic job of it!
12. I love that I’m back at WW (I mean, hell, I’d love to NOT need WW and to be slender and willowly, but heck, that’s not gonna happen). It’s slow going…I started the last day of April and have lost about 15 pounds so far. Most weeks, I lost but a few I gained and I missed two weigh ins altogether (even tho I was able to find meetings down the Cape, in CT and in NYC on trips). Still, I fall down and pick myself right back up. Once I get to 30 pounds Dave has to quit smoking and I can’t WAIT for that day!
13. Ahhh…13. Lucky number for me. For 13, I’m just going to share a recent picture I love. Oh yeah, right, just one? Um…here’s three, and I’m going to stop looking now.
Dave and I took a walk and I spotted this cross laying in the road. I didn’t stop to pick it up (SO unlike me), but I mentioned it to Dave after we passed it. HE went back to pick it up and slipped it into his wallet. Soon thereafter, we were at Foxwoods casino for a concert and were entertaining ourselves playing slots for a bit. He took out his wallet to give me his Foxwoods card, and the cross must’ve slipped out without either of us noticing. Apparently, someone at the casino needed to find a lost cross, and I hope it helped them!