Borrowed from Dawn!
2) Candle scents this month: Cannabis Santal Scented Candle by Fresh (description: patchouli, dark chocolate, vetiver, sandalwood, vanilla musk, and alluring cannabis), I love it!
3) What I read this month: Still was reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen…finally finished it in August and enjoyed it very much. I’m glad, VERY glad, the way it ended the way it did. If you are still looking for a nice summer read, pick this one. Next up- The House on First Street: My New Orleans Story by Julia Reed
4) Top three songs I was drawn to: Deacon Blues by Steely Dan, Pretty Woman, as sung by my friend Karen’s husband, his brother, their friend & Dave, and Big Bad Handsome Man by Imelda May
5) Movies I saw: *sob* the second part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Loved this movie of the second part of the book as much as I hated the movie of the first part of the book. Snape. That’s all.
6) Favorite tv moments of the month: All of them had to do with Rescue Me…the one of Franco and Lou in the bathroom stall…hilarious!
7) Something yummy I made: I made a delicious meal of sauteed radish greens, radishes & a bit of vinegar, oil & brown sugar…YUM!
8.) Restaurants where I ate: The Lobster Pot in P-Town. I had the BBQ Pepper Shrimp, on a bed of orzo … WOW!!! Very, very yummy! And the bloody Mary was the best I’ve ever had.
9) Five things I am loving this month: (1) Being able to take some time off from work and having great weather while doing so; (2) browsing through a cookbook I picked up in an antique store and finding a recipe from my cousin in it; (3) floating in the ocean without a care in the world; (4) getting together with my cousin, Rikki, her daughter & husband & 3 children (none of whom I get to see very often)…along with my cousins Maribeth & Mel, we had a ball; (5) my iPad…I really love that thing!
10) A goal I had for this month: Lose weight each Saturday at my WW weigh in, and I didn’t do that. I gained a pound in the first week, lost .4 the next, 2.4 the week after that, 0.4 the next and didn’t get to weigh in on the 30th (nor did I weigh in last Saturday, but I damn sure will be this Saturday!).
11) This month I looked forward to: Cape Cod, pirate miniature golf (still didn’t get to do it), swimming in the ocean, Provincetown (funny how similar these things were to last month LOL), Steely Dan concert, get together at my friend Karen’s.
12) Something I want to remember about this month: The jacuzzi in our hotel room!