Since I woke up at 3:30 am, I’m inclined to do Random Tuesday. Here goes:
- This recent post over at Sweet Tea and Sunshine’s blog really made me smile. She had some inspiring things to say and some beautiful pictures to share. While my favorite was the ocean, this shot is something I wanted to share with all of you:
Thank you all for your comments, or cards, or gifts, or texts to support me…I appreciate each and every thought and gesture and kindness more than you’ll ever know. I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. <3 !
- I went to get my hair done last Saturday; Quiana was fun as always. I've known her for quite awhile now and in the course of our conversation she asked me if anyone was going to my chemo appointment with me. I said no, it's at 730 in the morning! She said she was free Tuesday and could do something for me if I needed and I thought that was so sweet! She must've mentioned this to her friend & business partner, Caitlin, because I got a message from Caitlin on Facebook the next day saying that she had Monday off and would be more than happy to come with me, which, again...amazing. I don't know her that well, and she's quite pregnant and recently lost her Dad to cancer, so for her to even offer is just beyond thoughtful. BTW, the above is in no way critical of anyone else in my life or anything like that; I am beyond used to doing things by myself and I don't mind it at all. I brought my cell & my laptop & book and between those and the wicked cool nurse (whose name is Jackie, lol) I didn't have a dull moment.
- Jen, who is coming in to walk the dogs twice a day for the duration of my treatment, and giving them lots of love and a couple treats, has been a lifesaver!!! The neuropathy in my hands & eyes, particularly, makes it impossible for me to take them out for any more than 3 minutes at the maximum. Right after treatment, I can barely walk to the car without them freezing up and yesterday had numbness & tingling in my right leg, as well. Plus, every now and then I'll text her with stupid requests like, "can you bring two eggs over?" or "can you bring a couple slices of bread" and she happily does. Her husband even put together a photography light stand that I bought eons ago and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to put together. He muttered: "stupid directions" and proceeded to put it together in a snap. Course...he thought it was an ugly lamp that Jen had wasted money on which made me laugh when she told me LOL! And she'll stay and talk with me for awhile, too.
- I reconnected with an old friend on Facebook recently...hadn't seen him since probably 1974 or so LOL! We met in a very unconventional way back then and for whatever reason were drawn to each other. I loved his artistic talent, omg you should see his work! We're getting together Friday for coffee and a movie, Crazy Heart, which I thought he'd like as it's about a musician and he plays guitar in a band on weekends. It'll be nice to see him after all these years!
- Another old friend was in town this weekend...he's not good with remembering phone numbers and such, so his wife emailed me to let me know he was in town and to give me his sister's number, which is where he was staying. So I called and he said he wanted to get together Friday or Saturday and that he'd give me a call. He called Sunday and said he'd gotten busy installing a heating for his niece and could we get together Monday? I said sure...and no call. Normally this wouldn't bother me because that's just the way he is and I accept that. But...this time, with all that's going on, it really did bother me. It's one of the reasons I hate to make plans in advance...I hate disappointment! So having no expectations works well for me...I'd rather have none than to be let down. Weird, probably, but there it is.
- I've been listening to The Hobbit followed by The Lord of the Rings books on audio in the car lately...and then my friend, Cheri, sent me Adam Lambert's CD and I fell in deep and total love with the 13th song on it, called Broken Open. It's kind of minimalist, and his voice, oh it just soars! Beautiful song...sigh. I listened to it over and over to get it stuck in my head. Who knew!
- My cousins, Mel & Maribeth, have been sending me cards lately and little things often fall out of the cards, like little containers of paper soap and lots of love. Thank you guys and love you, too!!! MB, I especially liked the dackel valentine card! That was frame-worthy! Nice artwork
- I've re-fallen in love with my dog, Max.
At one point, I thought I might have to find a new home for him because of his barking (I live in an apartment building that’s been converted into condos and while his bark can’t be heard in the neighbor’s homes, it can be heard whenever they open a door to the hallway or walk up the stairs)…but Jen and I have been working with him and it seems to be helping. Wolf, as always, is mostly quiet and even when he does bark it’s a soft one that isn’t ear splitting like Max’s LOL.
- What the heck! I’ve missed the last two 24s and while I tivo’d Lost, I still haven’t watched it! I have watched Modern Family, which I tivo’d and it just makes me laugh so hard! So apparently, I need laughter in my life right now and not drama. Oh, well, I’ll get around to it eventually…I mean…I can only put off Sawyer for so long
- Well, I think that’s it for now…and I think I’ll go back to bed for a bit.