1. Amazing family and friends! I’ve got a cold this year…and since I don’t want to pass it on, I’ll be staying home today. But I think I might have a visit later on
2. A quick recovery from some pretty serious surgery. BTW…don’t be afraid to ask your surgeon if he or she can do an necessary surgery via laparoscopy…the healing from that is SO much easier and pain free!
3. Delicious smells coming from the kitchen. It would be nice to relive the smells from my aunt’s kitchen during all the Thanksgivings we shared there growing up.
4. The ability to be able to sit. Don’t take it for granted! I haven’t been able to sit for more than 30 minutes since 11/6 and I tell you what…I’m SO looking forward to being able to sit again!
5. Good insurance. I am exceeding lucky in that I have great insurance via my job. This whole thing has opened my eyes in so many different ways.
6. The ability to renew my registration online…even on a holiday!
7. That Wolf and Jen have hit it off so well! I swear, he’s madly in love with her LOL! Of course, she pets him the whole time she’s here and is usually on the floor with him, so of COURSE he loves her LOL!
8. Even though my home is constantly filled with dog hair (I could vacuum multiple times a day and still there would be hair), I wouldn’t trade my Wolfie for anything.
9. The ability to vacuum again! I went over the house today top to bottom and boy did it need it!
10. That I’m comfortable enough with my own company and am never bored…a good thing when you’re homebound!
11. The view outside my kitchen window and sliding glass door in the living room. Yesterday I saw 4 bluejays, a pair of cardinals, and quite a few other birds just flying by. The bluejays have been visiting my balcony from time to time…I’m not supposed to put out anything for them but…a little bit of seed can’t hurt, right?
12. Books! If you love to read, you’re never at a loss for something to do.
13. The tv has been keeping me company often lately. I never watched a lot of tv but lately…it’s all my mind can handle. Food TV, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe; these are some of my favorites. What shows do you like?
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!!!