Come play along at the new Thursday-13 Hq!
Some songs from the 1980s that I loved…in no particular order:
1. New Toy by Lena Lovich…I named my tortoiseshell cat, Toy, after this song!
2. Nite n Day by Al B Sure. Sigh…
3. We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off by Jermaine Stewart. Always always makes me smile when I hear this song!
4. Never Too Much by Luther Vandross. beautiful man this video makes me smile and makes my heart hurt a little to think he’s gone.
5. Our House by Madness. Very sing-a-long-able!
6. The Midas Touch by Midnight Star. LOVED this song!
7. Words by Missing Persons. I could totally relate to this line, “no one notices, i think i’ll dye my hair blue”.
8. The Secret Garden by Quincy Jones. I can remember sitting at the condo of an old boyfriend’s sister in VA laughing at the beginning of this song…”tell me a secret”
8. Wishing Well by Terence Trent Darby. That laugh…that voice!
9. Come On Eileen by Dexy’s Midnight Runners. Love the beginning!
10. Sweet Love by Anita Baker. I adore her voice!
11. She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals. He was adorable!
12. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel. One of the best videos ever!
13. Mirror in the Bathroom by The English Beat.