Maggie tagged me with the letter “Y”; here goes!
1. Yellow: A color that reminds me of eggs, of bright sunny days, of positivity.
2. Yes: Generally a word I like, both to give and to receive. I especially like when the person being said yes to is me and it’s a good thing…as in Can we go to Chinatown? Yes! Or, Did you bring me a case of beer? Yes, I did…speaking of which;
3. Yeungling: My favorite. Possibly because I can’t readily get it…absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.
4. Yummy: A word I like to use to describe bleu cheese or sushi or potatoes or brussels sprouts or dirty martinis or any of the varied things I love to eat or drink.
5. Yakitori: Just another thing I miss about Japan! Yakitori is bite-sized marinated chicken pieces grilled on skewers…it can be chicken meat or skin or liver or cartilage…and it’s all delish!
6. Yaki imo man: Ahhh…I miss him and his delicious roasted yams!
7. Yawn: Cause it’s so fun to say that word and watch everyone yawn. You know you just did it!
8. Yearn: Not a bad word at all…it’s good to yearn for something. I yearn for many things; visiting Japan & Paris, a new home, to see my friends more often…among other things.
9. Yield: People in MA need to do this more often when they’re driving…massholes!
10. Yeast: Without which we wouldn’t have bread…or beer…or other things.
11. Yen: Which can have a couple meanings; “I have a yen for a Yuengling.” or “That rice cooker costs 5580 yen.”
12. Yesterday: As a Cancerian, I do a lot of looking back.
13. Yoga: Having fun with the yoga bits on the Wii Fit!