mujadarra; I got the recipe from BLC
This was how I made it:
- caramelized one chopped onion in a bit of olive oil
- added 4 chopped carrots and a cup of chicken broth
- covered and let cook, oh, about 5 minutes or so, then added 1 tsp lemon juice (more or less), 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (more or less) and 1 tsp garam masala and let cook til carrots were somewhat softened, maybe about 5 minutes more
- added Great White Northern Beans and let simmer til broth was just about gone.
- added crumbled pepper bacon and voila! Delicious meal.
Cause I’m a pig, this ended up making 3 servings. I had one for dinner last night, one for lunch today…and who knows, I may have the other for dinner tonight. It was that good!
I didn’t add hot sauce or salt cause I forgot, and I didn’t want to wait for rice to cook, altho I’m SURE it would be yummy with some nutty brown rice, too