Thirteen Things I love that begin with the letter Z
Would you look at this! I fulfilled a challenge to myself, and worked my way thru the alphabet, from A to Z in the Thursday Thirteens! How many of you noticed? How many of you are trying this yourselves? Good luck!
1. Zephyr: I had zephyr gnocchi last weekend, i.e., airy and light. And oooh my was it delicious!
2. Zeus: The God of thunder! Do you ever picture him “up there” hurling down lighting bolts?
3. Zeppelin: My favorite band, took me more than 35 years to appreciate them!
4. Zig-Zag: That’s usually how I walk, zigging here, zagging there. I wasn’t born under the sign of Cancer the Crab for nothing! We won’t talk about the other definition of zig-zags, will we, Megan the Elder?
5. Zodiac: Speaking of zodiac signs, I’ve always had more than a passing interest in this. My grandmother had an old, thick book that she could chart horoscopes with. It’s around here somewhere. I always thought it was pretty funny that for a water sign I had so many fire planets! Steamy!
6. Zinnias: Aren’t they such a pretty flower? All sorts of colors, what’s not to like!
7. Zinfandel wine: Before I acquired a taste for red wine, I liked white zin…LOL!
9. Zoot: One of the bloggers I’ve read since I started blogging, she shares my love of Harry Potter and she’s got the wicked coolest curly hair!
10. Zinger: “A witty, often caustic remark.” or “A sudden shock, revelation, or turn of events.”; I’ve more than a passing familiarity with both!
11. Zip Cars: A great idea for city dwellers, it’s a car sharing service where you can use a car by the hour or day without the hassles of owning or renting a car.
12. Zombies: One of my favorite scary movie creatures! Have you ever seen Shawn of the Dead? Freakin’ hysterical, but still a bit scary!
13. Zappa: Frank and MoonUnit, in particular, always intrigued me. One of my fav Frank Zappa songs is Montana:
I might be movin’ to Montana soon
Just to raise me up a crop of Dental Floss Raisin’ it up
Waxen it down
In a little white box
I can sell uptown
By myself I wouldn’t
Have no boss,
But I’d be raisin’ my lonely Dental Floss
and who can forget his song, Valley Girl, featuring his daughter, Moon, talking in Valleyspeak
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants