This was my favorite picture from my weekend in Vermont:
Reminds me of the robot in Lost in Space LOL!
•Herb or spice to cook with: Rosemary! The smell of it is out of this world!
•Item in my makeup bag: Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish
•Item in my closet: the leather coat Michelle gave me (it wsa too big for her and she was going to donate it. Score!)
•Best workout song on my iPod: The Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy…great beat for walking fast on the treadmill
•Aisle in the grocery store: Tough pick for me…I LOVE browsing in grocery stores! Cheese? Produce?
•Movie I’ve watched the most: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers…Pat and I can quote at will!
•Ice cream flavor: Anything with coffee…and it better be strong tasting coffee!
•Sandwich: Grilled cheese on sourdough, mix and match the cheese, plain velveeta, sharp cheddar, I don’t care! Don’t have to add anything either, but I won’t complain if you do!
Posted in it's all about me | 4 Comments
This week’s theme over at The Saturday Photo Hunt is “Loud”.
This bunch (bush? peck?) of bagpipers was quite loud!
Posted in Photo Hunt | 4 Comments
Took a half day off from work last Friday and headed up to Vermont for a girl’s weekend! It’s about a 4 hour drive for me, which I don’t mind in the least. I listened to “A Night Circus” (narrated by Jim Dale, swoon), put on cruise control and off I went.
- Meandering up and down Church St in Burlington again
- snow flurries that didn’t amount to anything each morning
- walking in the woods with my friends, their children and their dogs
- Enjoyed some delicious lasagna (with an amazing vodka sauce) at Bove’s Café (the chef went up against Bobby Flay in a throw down…Flay won, but I heard he used much more expensive ingredients to tasty it up even more)
- Finding a little corner cafe that served a great maple soy latte
- Walking into Dobra’s Tea to see what they had to offer…amazing place!
- Playing a new game with Betsy’s daughters (i’ll be doggoned if I can remember the name of it…it was kind of similar to Apples to Apples)
- sitting around talking, reminiscing and just enjoying getting to see each other again. Betsy lives in Rochester, NY, Kris & her husband in Jamestown, NY and Maureen in Essex, VT, so it’s a bit of a ride in any direction if we all want to get together.
Do you have any plans for this weekend?
Posted in Photos, Snow, food, friends, it's all about me, outdoors, travel | 5 Comments
This week’s theme over at The Saturday Photo Hunt is “Point”.
Posted in Photo Hunt | 3 Comments
When I first got my iPhone, I googled for apps and I searched on Apple’s App Store. But what I really found the most useful was recommendations from friends and their friends. You know me, I’m into photography, so photo apps catch my attention. But…there’s a ton to sift through! And games! Especially kid’s games…I was searching when Dave and I watched Ralphy (age 4) last weekend. Wouldn’t it be great to get a list of recommendations? Well, guess what! Now you can! Introducing…appSmitten! I love the name, because I really am smitten by apps. And it works for not just the iPhone & iPad, but the Droid, as well!
*appSmitten hand-selects the best apps and sends recommendations directly to people’s inboxes
*appSmitten focuses on finding the apps that are worth downloading – the ones that will keep you organized, entertained and productive
*There are over 1 million apps out there and finding the best ones is like finding a needle in a haystack so appSmitten is doing it for you.
*appSmitten is a free newsletter that covers the best apps for iPhone, iPad and Android
*appSmitten offers bite-sized app recommendations from a trusted source so you don’t have to go hunting to find good apps.
And just so you know, I am participating in an affiliate program with appSmitten, and will receive a small payment for newsletter subscribers (that’s you), but honestly, I would NEVER do this unless I personally liked and used it. And I’m THRILLED with appSmitten!!!
Let me know if you’d like an invite and I’ll send you one. Feel free to forward this post to anyone you think would like this. Have fun!
Posted in appSmitten | 8 Comments