Thirteen things I’ve seen recently, in NYC (1-5) and up in NH (6-13)
1. Shibas! Lots and lots of shiba inus, in all colors and sizes. Even one with just 3 legs. Also a little alien looking dog with a multi colored mohawk. He was cool!
2. An amazing view out of the window of the hotel we stayed in. There was a building with gargoyles all the way around, and off in the distance, the Brooklyn Bridge…with a full moon over it.
3. Yuengling beer at a cocktail party! Who knew Yuengling was a big thing in NYC!
4. So much delicious food! From amazingly delicious hors d’œuvre, to fried chicken and waffles (great sweet & savory combo), to the best croque-madame I’ve had outside Paris, I had a great time satisfying some food cravings!
5. Wicked storm clouds and lots of lightning, which looked spectacular over the Brooklyn Bridge!
6. Foxes: There was a mama and her two babies who live underneath the cabins of the place we stayed at. Clear as day, there they were, napping under the lilac bush, munching on a freshly caught mole, or giving us the eye if we got too close
7. Bear poo! Very stinky and yucky and blech.
8. Waterfalls…one of which was where the bear poo was next to.
9. An eagle, flying high high high in the sky
10. Trout: We visited a hatchery, and also Dave did some fishing in a few steams, which resulted in trout in our cooler (now in our freezer, to make a delicious meal one day).
11. Raindrops: It was nice Wednesday, rained a bit that evening (was really hypnotic to listen to) and drizzly Thursday…heck, we even drove through a rain cloud up on top of the Kangamangus Highway!
12. little black bugs that are barely visible but woe to you if they bite you (you won’t feel it when they do…but later, you’ll think you have a cancerous tumor!)
13. Fireflies that lit up the night…I love seeing them, they look like tiny Christmas lights flittering here and there.
What have you seen lately?