It’s been a LONG time since I’ve participated in Carmi’s Thematic Photographic themes…14 Jan 2009 to be exact! This week’s theme is “March Madness”. Carmi says:
“As you mull over what photos to share this week, keep the following in mind:
* It must have been taken during the month of March
* It should illustrate some semblance of madness, silliness or irreverence. If it makes you smile, it’s good.
That’s it. Off to the races we go…”
I think this fits the bill, no?
Posted in Thematic Photographic | 7 Comments
Dave took this shot today and it made me smile
Posted in Photos | Comments Off
soon, the trees will bud
the Autumn look will depart
makes me miss the south
Had a busy weekend, but I did have some time to catch up on 1/2 of the latest episode of Modern Family and then take a quick nap Sunday!
- bar at Cobbie’s was packed Friday night so we sat in the dining room…near a window…was nice, but I still like the bar better
- had a great time at Dave’s niece’s baby shower this weekend; the theme was ladybugs, which made me think of my hairdresser, Q, who loves ladybugs Dave’s daughter won a cute pillow with a bee and hive embroidered on it…and she gave it to me cause I’d mentioned how cute I thought it was when we walked by the prize table. She’s such a nice woman!
- Stopped at Red Box and rented the movie Get Low, starring, among others, Robert Duval, Sissy Spacek and Bill Murray. It was about a southern hermit who threw his own funeral party while he was still alive. Pretty good!
- Went to Gargoyle’s in Davis Sq, Somerville for a disco brunch with Michelle…second time, great food, amazing bloody marys!
- Turned around and went BACK to Davis Sq to go to dinner with Dave at Redbones LOL! I miss living in Somerville
That’s about it! How was your weekend?
Posted in Photos, it's all about me | 5 Comments
Wolf asked me to update his last post with more links to help people and pets
If you’re looking for a way to help out the people and animals hurt and left homeless in Japan due to the earthquake and tsunami, here’s a collection of sites:
Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support (JEARS) is a coalition created to positively support rescue efforts for the animals who have been affected by the devastating earthquake that hit Japan.
World Vets is an international veterinary aid organization that provides “free veterinary aid, resources and support during times of disaster all over the world”. World Vets is collecting veterinary supplies and medicines through the group’s website as well as cages and cash donations. The donations will be used to assist the first-responder team the organization will establish to house and treat injured and lost animals.
Humane Society International is helping to keep people and their pets safe. They’ve made a substantial emergency grant to their animal coalition partner, arranged for the purchase and shipment of more than $100,000 in needed veterinary and other supplies, and helped to set the stage for emergency animal sheltering operations in the devastated areas of northeastern Japan. In the coming days, HSI will continue to support these crucial efforts.
Red Cross Scales Up Relief Efforts to Meet Huge Needs in Japan. The Japanese Red Cross Society is scaling up its relief operations to help meet the needs of hundreds of thousands of survivors who are now housed in evacuation centers
Second Harvest Japan: This organization, before the disaster, collected perfectly good food that didn’t “look” perfect (Japanese have an obsession with perfect looking food) and distributed it to the needy. Now? Donations are gladly accepted for help with the disaster victims.
Posted in great ideas | 2 Comments
Come play along at the Thursday-13 Hq!
Right now! (borrowed from Dawn)
1. I am thinking…how much my arms ache from the gym.
2. I am thankful for…being able to GO to the gym!
3. From the kitchen…came baked acorn squash with a bit of butter & brown sugar and sprinkled with cinnamon…I got home early last night and so the house smelled good when Dave got home from working overtime
4. I am wearing…a green top, jeans and Dansko clogs, also socks cause it’s cooooold
5. I am creating…a healthier me
6. I am going…to Cape Cod for a week’s vacation this year and back again for 3 more days after that.
7. I am reading…As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto (still…) and Bitter In The Mouth by Monique Truong (still…) and Swamplandia by Karen Russell
8. I am hoping…that it warms up soon (also, it would be nice to skip over mud season and please, let’s have all the ticks die of a mysterious illness affecting ONLY ticks).
9. I am hearing…a hum from the computer and the keys as I type this…pretty quiet otherwise.
10. Around the house…is some clutter…I’ve got a few boxes to go over to a friends for storage and a few boxes to fill with things for donation.
11. One of my favorite things…is sleep, which I seem to be sorely lacking lately.
12. A few plans for the rest of the week…date night on Friday, the gym and a baby shower Saturday and Sunday a Disco Brunch with Michelle!
13. A picture to share…
Always finding heart shapes!
Posted in T13 | 10 Comments