Colleen was closest: “Crystallized gemstone on a green table?”
And…here we go!
1. Right now I need throat lozenge or some warm water; my throat is a bit sore.
2. Coffee (altho it’s in a Dunkin Donuts cup) is what’s in my glass.
3. A copy of this letter is what made me look up Dave on Facebook one day last year.
4. Yogurt with granola and dried blueberries is best with a spoon.
5. The best movie I’ve seen lately is True Grit (I loved the use of language in it).
6. Being in front of the camera is something I don’t like; being behind it is what I love.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to seeing Dave!, tomorrow my plans include Michelle and her brother coming to pick up my loveseat and then possibly doing some rearranging and Sunday, I want to maybe visit my cousin!
Come play along at the Thursday-13 Hq!
Right now! (borrowed from Dawn)
1. I am thinking…that I really need to control my eating!
2. I am thankful for…life, for Facebook, for being able to look at the positive side of things.
3. From the kitchen…yesterday I made the most amazing macaroni and cheese!
4. I am wearing…black Uggs, jeans, grey top
5. I am creating…a life with Dave…and it’s pretty amazing, this whole thing.
6. I am going…to be leaving work soon!
7. I am reading…As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto
8. I am hoping…to lost 30 pounds by May (cause then Dave quits smoking!)
9. I am hearing…nothing; it’s blessed quiet right now.
10. Around the house…is lots of shiba hair, even though I’ve been vacuuming more often.
11. One of my favorite things…is that first cup of coffee in the morning!
12. A few plans for the rest of the week…nothing set in stone…and I like it that way! Maybe Dave, the dogs and I will take a walk in the woods through the snow…maybe we’ll visit my cousin…maybe we’ll get the blu-ray DVD hooked up…maybe we’ll kiss the weekend away.
- weather report says snow will start around midnight … and last until 7 pm with an accumulation of 12-16 inches…this enables me to say I like waking up to 12-16 inches…LOL!!
- got a pretty necklace for Christmas; it says “One person can make a difference…and that person is you”
- Dave is talking to his daughter tonight…she may be moving into his place, which means he may be moving in with me. We’ll see.
- I really enjoyed having a live Christmas tree this year!
- This year, I’m going to try to go the route of minimalist (ok, stop laughing). Michelle is going to borrow my love seat, which frees up one wall. And I need to devote 1 hour a week at the very least to going through the stuff in the closet.
- I also got, for Christmas, a book called: “As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto”. Each night I read a few letters before falling asleep…I’d love to dream of Julia cooking in Paris!
- My brother surprised Dave and me at Christmas with a calendar he made by taking pictures from my Facebook page…it’s pretty awesome and creative!
- I really, really want to rent the little house down the Cape again this summer…
- At work, we get no sick time or personal time; that is, we can take a day off if we’re sick but we have to make it up. I had 132 hours to make up, so each week I’m working one day without pay…and will do so until the end of March to make up this time.
- I’ve kind of been losing my blogging mojo…any ideas?
- Relationships are work, even the type that move along relatively easily. Dave and I were talking last night and he mentioned that even though it’s a positive change for us, being together, it’s still a big difference and requires adjustments since we were both by ourselves for so long. Not a bad thing…but a change, nonetheless
- I’m finally able to move comfortably and walk without a limp. It’s funny the things we take for granted, like walking, that get disrupted and forces one to pay attention to how complicated the process really is!
- I saw a few movies recently: The Fighter, True Grit, and Black Swan. I enjoyed the first two very much…The Fighter was filmed in the town I live in and I have to say, Christian Bale really nailed the local accent. It’s a tough one to do!
- Dave and I made an agreement on New Year’s Eve: He’ll quit smoking when I lose 30 pounds (he’d like to lose too because he’s afraid when he quits smoking he’ll gain). It’s incentive for me, since I hate his smoking! So last night, I made stuffed peppers with brown rice, Morningstar crumbles and fire roasted tomatoes with a small slice of Velveeta on top. I asked Dave how he liked it…he said…well, where’s the bacon? (that’s the way his Mom made it). I reminded him we agreed to eat healthier…and he sighed and nodded.