Photohunt courtesy of TNChick:
Daily life…in 1910!
Did a good deal of housework. Felt much better today–but tired tonight–retiring at 8 P.M. Harry down in the afternoon and brought ? pillow which is covered with feathers. Spent about three hours on it and it still has quite a covering.
Inez called up.
Mary got home from Weston and Waltham.
Margerite gone camping in Gloucester with her cousins and Ester.
Net went in town had pictures taken.
B got butter (letter?) from Wallies.
Posted in Photo Hunt | 13 Comments
Come play along at the Thursday-13 Hq!
Right now! (borrowed from Dawn)
1. I am thinking… about the poor killer whale trainer who lost her life at Orlando Sea World yesterday…and the poor folks who witnessed it.
2. I am thankful for… being able to afford my home.
3. From the kitchen… blueberry biscuit bread (the dogs are obsessed with this!!!).
4. I am wearing… a t-shirt that says: “Not all who wander are lost”.
5. I am creating… a warm and welcoming home, a place for family and friends to visit whenever they like.
6. I am going… to make breakfast in a bit…probably oatmeal, my stomach is iffy.
7. I am reading… a bunch of People magazines my cousin saved for me!
8. I am hoping… my chemo sessions work!
9. I am hearing… Wolf snorting.
10. Around the house… there are quite a few things I love…my grandmother’s bookcase, a Eugene Garin seacape print, my living room rug.
11. One of my favorite things… is a morning cup of coffee, which I haven’t had the last couple days (ran out and haven’t picked any up yet).
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… My new couch is being delivered tomorrow! Hopefully I’ll see a couple friends this weekend, too.
13. A picture to share…
I saw this at the Lahey Clinic on Monday…the hallway is lined with paintings of cancer survivors and I loved the bright colors of this one.
Posted in T13, shooting from the hip | 16 Comments
the words for this week’s Weekly Word Challenge are “keys” and “phone”. As Tink always said, “Happy snapping!”
Car key…w/house & mail box keys
old American tourister key on left, old house key (called skeleton key) on right
front of phone with Wolfie!
Inside of phone…what would your wish be?
Posted in Weekly Word Challenge | 6 Comments
Just another Manic Monday!
From last week:
What’s your least favorite word? The word, “no”. It’s always in my way!
Where do you go when you need really good advice? My cousin.
If you could participate in any winter Olympic sport, what would it be? Speed skating! I love to skate and I love to go fast! Altho the outfits they’re wearing this year…especially the women…wtf?
If you could invite any five people to your birthday party, who would they be? My friends Betsy, Maureen, Diane & Kim…and Johnny Depp Those 4 are a trip and Depp’s self-explanatory. We’d open a few bottles of red wine and play Apples to Apples afterward but I’d remove the Johnny Depp card cause that would be too weird.
What birthday has been your favorite so far? What about it made it special? My 50th. I asked my friends if they’d come to Vegas with me to go see Cirque du Soleil’s show, Love, which was utterly fantastic!!! What made it special is that some of the friends said yes! We all had a great time and I’d like to go back again to see the show. Have you seen it?
What one thing are you craving today? Nothing today…yesterday I was craving ice cream and yakisoba (not mixed together) and I satisfied the craving. YUM! Ok, I lied…I’m craving this:
How was your weekend? Mine was great. Went out with my friend Dave Saturday night…we ate dinner at The Common Man (which was great, but wth, no Indian pudding???) (oh, wait, there’s a craving) and then saw the movie Shutter Island (which I didn’t care for at all…so I think I feel asleep for bits and pieces lol). Sunday I just relaxed cause today’s Chemo day and … ugh. I did catch up on the two episodes of 24 that I missed and Michelle’s coming over tonight to watch the latest episode. It’s really good this season!
Posted in Manic Monday | 13 Comments
In honor of Mardi Gras, the words for this week’s Weekly Word Challenge are “beads” and “costume”. As Tink always said, “Happy snapping!”
beads of amber and white
beads on sticks!
and since the Winter Olympics are on, I thought a shot I took of Johnny Weir in costume at the 2007 Marshalls U.S. Figure Skating Showcase would be in order.
Did you play?
Posted in Weekly Word Challenge | 16 Comments