Snapshot of Thirteen Things during the month of June
(borrowed from Dawn)
1) photo of me: That’s me, in the black, far left (next is cousin Mel, cousin Rikki, and Auntie Rosa; it was her 80th birthday!)
2) current candle scents: Vanilla, I’ve just been burning tealights. Sherry told me about some cedar and clove candles, but I’ll be damned if I can find them!
3) what i am currently reading: The Book of Salt by Monique Truong; A fictional story, narrated by the gay Vietnamese cook in the Parisian household cook of Alice B. Toklas and Gertrude Stein. It’s beautifully written and perfect for a foodie like me. First sentence: Of that day I have two photographs and, of course, my memories. Here’s a great quote by Gertrude Stein – “We are always the same age inside.” Love it!
4) newest music i added to my playlist: Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant…can’t get enough of this song!!!
5) movies i saw: The Hangover…pretty damn funny!!!
6) something yummy i made this month: Didn’t do a lot of cooking this month…toast, mostly.
7) the last place i ate out: Owen & Ollie’s in Dracut
8.) something that made me cry: Oh, well, hmmm, my lovely diagnosis, and hearing that I’d have to have another operation, one I was dreading. Wish me luck!
9) something that made me
laugh gasp: I changed this last week, and have to leave it, cause there was a scene in last night’s Rescue Me that was absolutely horrifying.
10) something i looked forward to this month: Closing on my condo!
11) something i am thankful for: That I got a great loan at a decent rate for a beautiful place to live.
12) something i want to remember about this month: There are things I can come to accept, given enough time.
13) a photo i took this month: Here’s a few I really liked…