Come play along at the new Thursday-13 Hq!
Saw this on otherworlddiner awhile ago and thought it’d be fun to try.
Here are numbers 1-13 and their corresponding association with me:
1 – That’s my status as a singleton, and I really like it!
2 – There are two vehicles in the driveway now (anyone want to buy a 2003 Honda Odyssey?); also 2 is the number of times I’ve been in love.
3 – Three beings live in my home; Wolf, Max & me.
4 – I grew up in an immediate family of four, Mom, Dad & brother
5 – Is the number of pounds I hope to lose each month until I reach my goal.
6 – I have six digital cameras; one is broken, one belonged to Dad; one is obsolete. The others I use frequently!
7 – Seven is my favorite number…it’s magical and a bit odd.
8 – Is the minimum amount of smiles I must see in one day!
9 – Times I’ve been fishing and caught a striper (but I kept only one).
10 – Alcoholic drinks would be waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me.
11 – 11:11 is a time I notice on digital clocks
12 – Is another word for noon or midnight…both of which have sentimental value for me.
13 – Is another favorite number because I’m quirky like that.
Posted in T13 | 25 Comments
Here’s last Wednesday’s picture:
And this is what it was cropped from:
a dogwood blossom! Stacy has enlightened me; it’s a magnolia!
My friend Michelle was the only one to guess it exactly! She said: “I think it is a blossoming dogwood tree“. Now…I don’t know HOW she got it…but damn (oops, sorry)!
The others to guess it was a blossom were:
- My sweet cousin MB (who has some brand new puppy pictures on her blog) says: “I think it is a flower bud about to open.”
- Heidi: “It looks like an emerging flower.”
- Smoochiefrog: “I looks like a flower bud that is still closed but starting to open. Like a rose bud.”
- Mrs.G.: “poppy budding”
The rest of you totally cracked me up LOL! Thanks!
What is it?
Posted in What Is It Wednesday | 29 Comments
The lovely Tink gives us R and Angry.
a trio of Roses
Captain Jack Sparrow is angry because Skelly drank all the rum.
I was CRAZY about the tv reality show, Mad Mad House, and my friend Krista hunted down some copies of it for me…and made me a cute holder for them! Mad = angry
Posted in Weekly Word Challenge | 17 Comments
[Photohunt, courtesy of TNChick]
Posted in Photo Hunt | 7 Comments
You can find the Friday Fill-Ins here!
1. Apparently there’s some sort of big todo Saturday…Megan’s wedding!!!
2. You’re my blue sky, you’re my sunny day.
3. 2009 has been one of the strangest years in my life so far.
4. If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.
[speaking of opportune moments, I'd like to wish my fellow Led Zeppelin and Tolkien enthusiast, Julie, a VERY happy birthday! Pop over and visit her why don't you!]
5. For too long I’ve been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
6. I am not obsessed with Captain Jack Sparrow (you could just as easily insert “Snape”, or “The Joker”, or “Hall & Oates”, or “vampires”, or “a certain song by the Allman Brothers”); I am not!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to having fun at the rehearsal dinner, tomorrow my plans include having even more fun at the wedding and Sunday, I want to recuperate, but I know I’ll still be packing and moving things!
Posted in Friday Fill-Ins | 19 Comments