Snapshot of Thirteen Things during the month of January
(borrowed from Dawn)
1) photo of me: One of my co-worker friends took this…she liked the caution sign in the background! Course I was wearing a huge shirt that day.
2) current candle scents: Incense Spirit, from West Elm (discontinued). I saved pieces of a burnt down candle, and I put small pieces in an oil burner…man does it smell good! This is a great way to use those last bits of candle wax, too. Looks like this:
3) what i am currently reading: I’m rereading the Harry Potter books and am in the middle of the second one right now. I’m also reading, a story at a time, Stephen King’s latest, “Just After Sunset” at Barnes & Noble.
4) newest music i added to my playlist: Oh, a whole bunch of music; one of the new IT guys at work made some CDs for me.
5) movies i saw: I saw Seven Pounds and absolutely loved it!
6) something yummy i made this month: Mushroom bourguignon … DELICIOUS!!!
7) the last place i ate out: Small Plates, a cute little restaurant in Harvard Square. I had a bleu cheese raclette that was to DIE for!
8.) something that made me cry: All the things that I kept inside since Dad passed…all came out last Tuesday and my poor friend Cal got the brunt of that. He didn’t seem to mind, though, and talked me through it.
9) something that made me laugh: Any number of things that happen on a daily basis
10) something i looked forward to this month: Strange as it may be, I looked forward to seeing friends I don’t normally get to see at Dad’s memorial service.
11) something i am thankful for: That Dad’s memorial service went well.
12) something i want to remember about this month: That friends make life so much easier!
13) a photo i took this month: I took 174 in January, here’s a few that made me smile:
Which one is your favorite, and why?