If you’d like to play, here’s TNChick’s link!
I took a half day off work last Friday and went up to my cousin’s, where I snapped sweet Annaliese (one of the herd of dackels my cousin has) right outa her funk (she had a false pregnancy and was moping about)! Annaliese LOVED my new perfume (Black Cashmere by Donna Karan, very incense-y) and rubbed herself all over where I’d sprayed it on my arm LOL!
Later that evening, we met up with Robin (who lives in Israel but was visiting her parents in the same town my cousin lives in) and her husband at Canoe; great company, great meal and I enjoyed meeting them both. Although I had my camera with me, it was dark in the restaurant, and there was another party that was annoyingly taking flash pictures, so I decided to not shoot any. Sorry!
Saturday, after a delish breakfast made with love (and not by me!), my cousin & I walked to a craft fair in the center of town where I bought a couple of earrings. But man, it was SO hot that the bottoms of my feet blistered…must’ve been the black flip flops that absorbed the heat! I left for home that afternoon.
Lovely tatting I saw at the craft fair
Michelle came over and went out for dinner with Dad & me (lobstah rolls! What did I have Friday night? Lobstah roll!). We dropped Dad off and did a bit of shopping, looking around for things for her new house and of course ending up at Barnes & Noble, where I bought a new book, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.
Sunday, I made breakfast for Dad, then sat in the backyard, mowed, sat some more, mowed, started dinner in the crockpot (pulled pork-delish and simple recipe), read, mowed, etc., etc. It was a beautiful day!
Monday night, although technically not part of the weekend, but still fun, I met Krista at Kendall Square to see the movie Bottle Shock. She gave me two books as belated birthday gifts; one is a small journal to record what books I read inside, the other is a kid’s book called Johnny Boo Book 1: The Best Little Ghost In The World (he has a pet ghost named Squiggle)! It’s the cutest thing ever! Anyway, Bottle Shock chronicles the events leading up to the famous 1976 “Judgment of Paris” wine tastings; in a blind taste-testing held in France, the wines of California’s Napa Valley defeated the best the French had to offer. The story unfolds from the point of view of the father and son who own the vineyard whose wine proved victorious and of the British man (Alan Rickman) who owns a wine shop in Paris and who organized the tasting.
And that’s that!
You can find the Friday Fill-Ins here!
1. When I’m sick I’m sick, what can I do? I suck it up and go on, if I can.
2. When I take a walk, I think about mushrooms and fairies and all manner of things (of course I usually walk in the woods LOL).
3. Money can’t buy happiness but it can give one the ability to travel wherever one wants to go and that’s amusing.
4. Cotton makes me think of crisp clean sheets hanging out on the line, fluttering in the breeze and leather makes me think of corvettes, Chet & Chip and running away (oh wait, that was ENGLISH leather)…hmmm…ok, how about whips and costumes then.
5. The strangest person/character I’ve had lewd thoughts about was omg IS The Joker as portrayed by Heath Ledger in the movie The Dark Knight, I just want to [edited for content] (what is WRONG with me???).
6. My favorite color these days is reds, oranges & yellows because I’m looking forward to the leaves turning (and in spots they already are).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include seeing my friend Diane and her daughter Chloe and their dog Bailey! and Sunday, I want to relax some more (and maybe go see The Dark Knight again) but in reality, I’ll probably do some cleaning, LOTS of cleaning!
Oh, and thanks to Faith for the awesome button and lovely note from “Professor Snape”
It finally arrived today and made me smile. Thank you!!! I hope the good professor isn’t too upset about my new fantasy…hmmm, perhaps he’d allow me to smear some makeup on his face and [edited for content]…
Seen at Heather’s and edited it to become: Thirteen things my iPod (using shuffle mode) says about me (#129)
1. What would best describe your personality? Still Not A Player – Big Punisher
2. What do you like in a guy/girl? Lean Woman Blues – T.Rex
3. What is your life’s purpose? Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp – Led Zeppelin
4. What do your friends think of you? Boogie On Reggae Woman – Stevie Wonder
5. What is your life story? Highway to Hell – AC/DC
6. What do you think when you see the person you like? Angel – Rod Stewart
7. What do your parents think of you? American Girl – Tom Petty
8. What will you dance to at your wedding? Misty Mountain Hop – Led Zeppelin
9. What will they play at your funeral? Never Say Never – Romeo Void
10. What is your hobby/interest? Vampires, Mummies and the Holy Ghost – Jimmy Buffet
11. What is your biggest secret? Super Freak – Rick James
12. What should you post this as? A Boy Named Sue – Johnny Cash
13. What do you think of yourself? Nobody’s Fault But Mine – Led Zeppelin