mujadarra; I got the recipe from BLC
This was how I made it:
- caramelized one chopped onion in a bit of olive oil
- added 4 chopped carrots and a cup of chicken broth
- covered and let cook, oh, about 5 minutes or so, then added 1 tsp lemon juice (more or less), 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (more or less) and 1 tsp garam masala and let cook til carrots were somewhat softened, maybe about 5 minutes more
- added Great White Northern Beans and let simmer til broth was just about gone.
- added crumbled pepper bacon and voila! Delicious meal.
Cause I’m a pig, this ended up making 3 servings. I had one for dinner last night, one for lunch today…and who knows, I may have the other for dinner tonight. It was that good!
I didn’t add hot sauce or salt cause I forgot, and I didn’t want to wait for rice to cook, altho I’m SURE it would be yummy with some nutty brown rice, too
Posted in Photos, Project365, food, recipes | 13 Comments
Thirteen keyphrases that brought people to my blog recently
1. “how poor are they who have not patience“: Poor indeed…in fact, I’m broke!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
2. “x-men 2 nightcrawler“: Love the blue guy!
3. “richie upton“: Damn…that’s a boy I dated in high school…he’s also the reason pat & i met.
4. “list of q words“: LOL someone likes my idea of going through the alphabet for the T13!
5. “snape tattoos“: Even I wouldn’t get a Snape tat…and I love tattooes!
6. “shiba inu vocal“: Oh yes, they are!
7. “private lightning and physical speed and lyrics“: No WAY! Who’s searching for that? Gotta be something from the New England area LOL!
8. “aim weemee lol sun weeworld boring tired omg“: Ooooookay then.
9. “whenyour boyfriend they hang up on you on the phone“: Yeah…I talk about THAT a lot…NOT!
10. “fit tv l namaste yoga locations real?“: Too funny, cause someone told me about this show recently and I don’t get that channel!
11. “instep tattoo“: DON’T DO IT!!! OUCH!
12. “pickles“: LOL! I love me some pickles, truly!
13. “cruise topless deck photos“: LOL! It’s true, I did do that but I for DAMN sure didn’t take any photos up there!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Posted in T13 | 22 Comments