You can find the Friday Fill-Ins here!
1. I’m looking forward to taking a short vacation next week.
2. I don’t handle stress very well.
3. Sushi is something I could eat every day.
4. Warmth and sunlight are two things I’m looking forward to.
5. Florida, here I come!
6. I want another tattoo.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to packing, tomorrow my plans include cleaning, walking the dogs, packing and Sunday, I want to go to a bridal show with Megan (really!)!
Posted in Friday Fill-Ins, Photos | 20 Comments
Thirteen favorite posts I’ve read on other people’s blogs recently
1. The S Word…Again…: Beautiful pictures of snow, snow and more snow!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
2. Playing around with the camera: Tommie’s great with the camera, she’s creative and not afraid to take some risks.
3. Hantei, a famed restaurant in Nezu (Japan): The pictures alone make this post worth checking out. I’m so homesick for Japan!
4. Marine + Iraq = Dog: I’m a pet lover, and this story really made my day!
5. charlaine harris: I love the Sookie Stackhouse series (about vampires), too, and this post gives a great review.
6. The Romance of Tea: I had NO idea you could buy tea in a large block. Must. try. this!!!
7. Roux’s Arctic Adventure: Sleepy, tired shiba, awwwwwww!
8. the case of the unfortunate monkey. HAHAHHAHA!!!
9. The Do-Over Button, “a la Hermione Granger’s timeturner” – I’d like one, please!
10. oh yeah, I forgot…: Julie’s trying to quit smoking, and I’m trying like hell to motive her! Wanna help?
11. Thoughts: I adore Lisa’s photography skills…and this particular shot she took just for me…cause I said she wouldn’t dare
12. Why is it so hard for people to SMILE?. I’ve noticed this too…I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been out walking Wolf and I’ve passed someone, smiled and said hi and no response. Gah. I also LOVE the post just below this one…JD on a cracker, I’ll take one, please!
13. Yesterday was NOT a good day…just sayin’…: Humor is a good way to deal with scary things, right? So as not to confuse anyone, I’m guest posting on Amy’s blog while she’s on vacation…
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Posted in T13 | 21 Comments
Here’s last Wednesday’s picture:
And this is what it was cropped from:
Most of you thought it was lemon “goo” of some sort…Julie was the only one to get it right: “Sweet mustard pickle.” How she did it, I’ll never know!
These are the gross guesses:
Laura: “that is a nasty infection. I think its time for some antibiotics dear…or lemon pudding?”
Susan: “THAT is what it looks like inside Trevor’s leathers. So glad you made me confess to that. Yep. I am. Girls everywhere are calling their doctors as I type.” Don’t know what she’s talking about? Read all about Trevor and the rest of the band over at her blog!
Then Monique wondered: “what is it? it’s time to clean out your ears, dear.”
Smoochiefrog had my favorite: “Well I got last week’s wrong in a major way and I’m not even going to try this one. It’s just too gross looking to think about.” I quite agree!!!
So…this week, courtesy of L-Squared, my co-contributer:
What is it?
Posted in What Is It Wednesday | 18 Comments
Guitar heros and a staring contest!
I call this one…Entranced by Pirates
The little ones went off to their grandparents on Saturday night…which left us adults to have some fun! We went out to dinner, a lovely place called Forte, in downtown Jamestown. Everything was delicious, but one of the appetizers was just do DIE for:
Pacific Rim Tuna Crisps: Sliced sesame crusted seared tuna served atop crisped wonton chips with cilantro lime Asian slaw, Wasabi cream and Hoisin sauces.
Prepped by the two bottles of wine the 5 of us had for dinner, plus the two other drinks we each had (in my case, fine VERY dirty martinis), we were ready for Buckwheat Zydeco show next door:
Buckwheat Zydeco will bring an authentic Louisiana-style party to Jamestown tonight, as part of the Reg Lenna Civic Center’s belated Mardi Gras celebration.
We ended up in the third row and hardly sat down once the band started playing! Great danceable FUN music, we had a ball (no pun intended for those of you that might understand why that would be a pun).
As we were dancing and hootin’ and hollerin’, I got a whiff of the guy sitting in front of me…who was watching us with amusement. He smelled SO good! Y’all know I have a thing for scents…so I mentioned this to Mo, she leaned over and had a sniff and agreed. I leaned over (didn’t fall!) and said, “You smell amazing!” He laughed and said thanks and we talked for a bit.
Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Betsy gesturing at me. When he and I stopped talking, I tapped Kim (next to me), who tapped Mo (next to her) who tapped Betsy and pointed at me. Betsy starts trying to yell something to me, and I can’t hear cause we’re three rows away from the stage. She starts gesturing again and I shrug. She starts doing sign language: S! She’s making an S! N! Oh, it’s an N! A! An A? What’s she tryin’ to spell? P! And she points at the dude who smells so good…and she was RIGHT! I hadn’t even really looked at him, but damned if he didn’t look like Snape! Only his hair was cleaner
Damn shame he was a smoker…oh well!
OH!!! And also, I’d like to wish a VERY happy birthday to Lisa…cheers!
Posted in Photos, food, music | 14 Comments
Lisa’s Manic Monday!
How did you celebrate your last birthday? I asked all my friends to come to Vegas to celebrate with me! Quite a few could make it, and we had a blast. The best part, aside from their company, was going to see Cirque du Soleil’s “Love”.
What’s the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? Tickets to go see Robert Plant and Allison Krause in June, just a few seconds ago!
What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become? Since kids (and cats & dogs) LOVE me, I’m sure the child I once was would enjoy what I’ve become
Posted in Manic Monday | 21 Comments