Today my prompt over at Photo Thursday at Create a Connection is “unique”.
This week, I’d like to see a picture of “unique”. I was once told I was unique by my ex-husband, and when I tentatively smiled at him, he added…”but not in a good way.” I felt sad for him, sad that he didn’t appreciate uniqueness, that he didn’t appreciate expressing enjoyment or delight in life. He would rather I was like everyone else…perhaps you understand this? I can’t say I do, but to each their own! That’s what makes life interesting…can you imagine if everyone was exactly the same? Eek!
So go ahead and post a picture that represents “unique” to you.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Uncategorized | 9 Comments
Thirteen Things I love that begin with the letter Y
1. yako imo man: In Japan, in the late autumn, you start to hear the yako imo man selling his wares. What might he be selling you ask? Roasted weet potatoes! Not like anything we have here…so sweet, so delicious, just one of the many things I miss about Japan.
2. Yankee: I’m a damn yankee and proud of it! I live in New England, the best place on earth! Well…ok, I really love Japan and France and Scotland and Hawaii, but still…And I certainly don’t mean that baseball team from NY!
3. Yawning: How many of you yawned when you read that word? You KNOW you did!
4. Yin Yang: I’ve always loved the symbol for yin yang, it represents the feminine and the masculine, the spiritual and the physical, and the emotional and the rational.
5. You-Know-Who: A nickname spoken instead of a person’s name…like for Voldemort and an old boyfriend of mine (but not SFSSDMF!)
6. yellow: I always wanted a yellow kitchen, bright and full of sunshine
7. Yesterday: Hindsight is 20/20, eh?
8. Yippee-ki-yay, Motherf*cker: One of the funniest lines ever in a movie!
9. Yikes!: I love this exclamation, always have. I was friends with this guy, Scott, at Hanscom AFB and that was his license plate: YIKES, lol!
10. Yes: Who doesn’t like to hear yes in response to “Can I have ____ or Can we go to _____ or Do I have enough of a downpayment to buy a house, or a thousand other questions!
11. Yum: I say yum to the yaki imo man!
12. Yokota Air Base: Where I was lucky enough to work for almost 2 years; met some great people, some interesting characters and made a lifelong friend or two!
13. Young Frankenstein: One of my FAVORITE movies!
Frau Blucher: I am Frau Blucher. [horses whinny]
Dr. Frankenstein: For the experiment to be a success, all of the body parts must be enlarged.
Inga: His veins, his feet, his hands, his organs vould all have to be increased in size.
Dr. Frankenstein: Exactly.
Inga: He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker.
Dr. Frankenstein: That goes without saying.
Igor: He’s going to be very popular.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Uncategorized | 25 Comments