Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.
The challenge this week is “Focus on the Details…”. Tammie Jean, author of the blog, “Long Drive to Nowhere” has challenged us to pay attention to what’s around us, details we may miss through not paying attention. …with this topic … we can reveal those things that hide in plain sight. They can be large or small or tiny, exotic or everyday: the shape of a particular mountain ridge, a wallpaper pattern, a fine bit of wood carving, the veins in an insect’s wing, or a thousand other examples.
I kept this challenge in mind while I was in Las Vegas last week; here are my catches:
“Oh we can’t waaaaaaait
for Harry Potterrrrrrr
and The Deathlyyyyyy
Can you tell what I’m impatiently waiting for! I pre-ordered it thru Amazon today…!!!
Sorry I missed last week! Darn Vegas trip
1. _____ a long time!
2. Occasionally, _____.
3. Unexpected _____ can be interesting!
4. _____ is great, too!
5. Where do you _____ when you want _______.
6. Oh my god, he just _____!
7. What are you doing this weekend? Tonight I’m looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
Don’t forget…have fun!
Random and Odd says: “SPF: Show me your favoritest ugly creation that was made just for you. For those of you that don’t have nieces, nephews, children, teenagers…*cough* bitch *cough* and have nothing to post, show me your ass. Yes, you heard me right. Your ass. Pull em down and take a picture for us. Oh wait, you suddenly remember a knick nack or crazy picture a kid drew you. Thaaaats what I though.
This is JUST for you Kristine!!!
And Wolf posed for you, as well:
Thirteen Things On My Mind
1. Cirque du Soleil’s Love. Ringo summed it up best: “I loved the show and I loved the music! I think the show is really exciting. I thought the effects, the people doing their stuff, the projections were great, too much, really! I thought it was very emotional; who knew a few years ago when The Beatles were just chatting to each other making those records that we could put it to such great use. And it was emotional because two of us aren’t there. Overall, it’s a festival of love. Peace and love.”
Click on this for a peek at the costumes! And some still photos here, here, and here.
2. Paris Las Vegas: I’d read some negative reviews about the hotel and staff, but I’m here to tell you, it was a fantastic experience I’d repeat again in a heartbeat (but only to see Love!)
3. Mammogram: Went for one today and there another woman who had the same name as me. They called Janet, and I didn’t hear…so the other Janet got “my” exam. Don’t these folks check last names? Birthdates? Quite the snafu, and took a while to straighten out.
4. Yearly physical: Had one of those a few weeks ago, everything was fine, cholesterol was excellent, woohoo! Doc did say I didn’t have much vitamin D in my system, so I have to take supplements for eight weeks.
5. Wolf: No more seizures, knock on wood. He was quite feisty Monday at the vet’s … tried to grab her, I think it was in retaliation for the old thermometer up the butt thing! He missed tho, she’s fast!
6. Tattoo: I’ve decided on a new design; it’s going on my left foot in shades of firey red and orange.
7. Weddings: I’ve got a few coming up this summer that I’ll be photographing; finally made plane reservations for one that’ll be in St. Thomas.
8. Garden: Got it in late…I’m thinking I won’t see tomatoes til September LOL! The herbs are doing nicely tho.
9. Amazon Wish List: I’ve been adding to it like crazy, it’s a good place for me to put stuff so that I’ll remember to buy it or at least remember that I’m interested in it! I’ve also been saving things on Kaboodle, but mostly recipes and URLs I want to remember.
10. Long drive: Down to MD after the 4th of July. Engagement party, gotta take pictures! Don’t much feel like flying, I enjoy driving, I really do!
11. On my own: Been enjoying it, perhaps too much; for example, I had about 10 phone calls at work today and I BARELY had the patience to be civil (I don’t generally get phone calls…but still). I’m going to become a curmudgeonly, eccentric old lady if I don’t watch out!
12. Two more entertainment related things to look forward to this summer: First is the Harry Potter movie, Order Of The Phoenix, and second is the “end of all things”, the last Harry Potter book, The Deathly Hallows. I’m utterly anticipating the former; the latter…well…yes and no. It’ll be nice to see that Snape IS a good person after all, but…I don’t really relish his death, and I know he has to die.
Loved this quote from EW Online: “As the icy, humorless magic instructor Severus Snape in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (opening July 11), Rickman may not be on screen long — but he owns every minute. He’s magnificently intimidating, whether jousting with Daniel Radcliffe’s Harry or turning a simple retort (”No idea”) into a mini-symphony of contempt.”
Also quoted at that link was this: “He’s the lecherous Judge Turpin opposite Johnny Depp in Tim Burton’s Sweeney Todd.” Oh me, oh my *fanning myself* the two of them together…a dream come true!!! Click here for a lovely picture of the good professor.
13. The End: Last song in Love, from the Beatles’ Abbey Road album:
And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants