I was driving home from Whole Foods tonight, listening to the ElfPod (that’s what I named my iPod mini, shut up!). I am an inveterate scanner of radio stations, and funnily enough…I also do this to my iPod. It got me thinking…what are the five songs you’d NEVER skip on your iPod? This is a bit different from “what 5 songs would you stop scanning your radio for” because … well, on the iPod if you skip past a song, you can go back at any time. You know…it’s ON your iPod, it’s not going anywhere but on the radio, once the song is over, it’s over.
So…these are the five songs I’d never skip on my iPod:
- Werewolves of London, by Warren Zevon: I don’t know why I love this song, but I do. With all my heart.
- The Cowboy Song, by Thin Lizzy: Man, I loved Thin Lizzy back in the day…this song just reminds me of the beach, warm weather, good times, boys
- Santa Monica, by Everclear: I was deep in my R&B and rap phase when I heard this for the first time and immediately fell in LOVE with it…lyrics AND music. I FELT it.
- One Week, by Barenaked Ladies: It’s bouncy, cute, upbeat and makes me smile
- Suffragette City, by David Bowie: Wham, bam, thank you ma’am. Quintessential Bowie, awesome song.
and … my one guilty pleasure: Method of Modern Love by Hall & Oates. I love Daryl Hall’s voice, it’s so beautiful!
What are your five songs and your one guilty pleasure? If you don’t have an iPod or similar device, feel free to use the songs you’d not pass over when you hear them on the radio