Swampgrrl is the Photo Thursday guest blogger at Create a Connection. She says: Take a photograph of something in your home that you treasure. Tell us why. Then post a link back here to share your treasure.
I looked around when I got home. I thought of posting a picture of Dad, who I treasure, or Wolf, or Max, but thought that was the obvious route. So I decided to take pictures of some “things” that have great sentimental value, for a variety of reasons.
My ex-husband and I used to collect things…and this was one of them! It’s a collection called Wee Forest Folk, by Annette Petersen. I also have a witch, a ghost & a snowman
Here’s a very happy piggy bank that I bought when I lived in Japan. Then, all the coins that filled his ample belly were yen; now he’s filled with quarters, dimes, nickels and a few pennies. He seemed to tolerate the change in diet well
This is a china chocolate pot that belonged to my grandmother. My aunt gave it to me a few years ago, when she could be sure I could be trusted with it
Posted in Uncategorized | 8 Comments
Thirteen Things I Love that begin with the letter C
1. Canon: My camera brand since I was in my 20s.
2. Carrots, Celery, Cantaloupe, Corn on the cob: Love all these veggies!
3. Charlaine Harris: The author of one of my favorite book series; the Southern Vampire Mysteries
4. Chips and Chocolate: Chips of the potato variety and salty chocolate, two of my favorite snacks!
5. Candles: My absolute favorite is Guaiac, sold by West Elm.
6. Crepes: Jambon et fromage oooh la la!
7. Clouds: One of the things I most love to photograph!
8. Calico cats: This color combination is very pleasing to my eye!
9. Castles: My favorite being Edinburgh Castle in Scotland, so beautiful!
10. Charlie Brown: Halloween & Christmas shows only
11. Cape Cod: Had so much fun down there when I was a kid!
12. Cheese: Just about any kind, even stinky bleu cheese
13. Cardinals: They’re such beautiful birds, especially the males. I love to see them in my backyard.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Posted in Uncategorized | 50 Comments