Here are the names of the songs for the lyrics I posted in today’s Thursday Thirteen:
1. Father Christmas – The Kinks
2. You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch
3. River – Joni Mitchell
4. Santa Claus and His Old Lady – Cheech and Chong
5. O Christmas Tree
6. Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
7. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) – Nat King Cole
8. Santa Claus is Comin to Town – Bruce Springsteen
9. Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas
10. Same Old Lang Syne – Dan Fogelberg
11. Jingle Bell Rock – Hall and Oates
12. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
13. Winter Wonderland
Thanks for guessing, it was fun!
Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments
Thirteen of my favorite Christmas songs
Do you know what they are?
1. When I was small I believed in Santa Claus / Though I knew it was my dad
2. You’re a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich / With arsenic sauce.
3. I’m so hard to handle / I’m selfish and I’m sad
4. Santa Claus is not a musician, man! / I’m hip, man! That cat didn’t know ANY tunes, man!
5. From base to summit, gay and bright / There’s only splendor for the sight.
6. A&P has provided me / With the world’s smallest turkey
7. And so I’m offering this simple phrase / To kids from one to ninety-two,
8. He sees you when you’re sleeping / He knows if you’re awake
9. Faithful friends who are dear to us / Gather near to us once more
10. And as I turned to make my way back home / The snow turned into rain
11. What a bright time, it’s the right time / To rock the night away
12. Then one foggy Christmas Eve / Santa came to say:
13. When it snows / ain’t it thrilling
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Posted in Uncategorized | 47 Comments