I just loved the colors in this one (also from the Norfolk Harborfest).
I felt overwhelmingly sad today and I apologize to the one that had to hear most of it…you know wholoo you are. I’m not one to complain usually, guess it was just one of those days. Still not feeling much better, either. If I hadn’t just got back from a vacation, I’d think it’s a vacation I need, but that’s not it. If I stopped and thought about it and whatnot, I’d say I’m feeling a sense of aloneness (is that a word?), essentially self imposed. Usually I like being alone, in fact, I crave it…but this is a different kind of alone…it’s a separation, a standing apart.
I read blogs about people and their families and their significant others … and I want that for me, altho I know it’ll not happen. Had my chance, more than once and passed it on by. Or…maybe it didn’t work out cause I’m basically unloveable, I’m not pretty enough for someone to love. Who knows?
Please don’t think I’m looking for attention by writing this post…if you knew me at all, you’d know that’s not the case. I’m just talking about how I feel because I thought maybe by talking about it, I’d get it out of my system.
Maybe a nice vodka tonic would help. It’d sure go a long ways toward forgetting about the spider I found on me tonight while I was walking Wolf. EEK!
Posted in Uncategorized | 12 Comments
Thirteen Things about my trip to VA last weekend
(click on any picture for a better view)
(the list is up early for the US, but it’s Thursday SOMEWHERE in the world, right?)
1. Flying into Baltimore
2. The theme of our trip
3. The North American Sand Soccer Championships was going on in VA Beach; the sand was filled with soccer players (ooh la la!).
4. One of the many shots of MaryEllen (ME, for short) and Robb, waiting while I took pictures; this one happens to be on the boardwalk at VA Beach.
5. Some starfish I saw for sale at some store on Atlantic Ave in VA Beach; they look like they’re sprinkled with those white dots on non-pareils (click on the picture for a better view).
6. Funny/creepy thing on top of the Haunted Fun House.
7. You’re not allowed to swear in VA Beach (click on the picture to see what I mean).
8. Gold eagle on a Coast Guard ship at Norfolk Harborfest
9. Can you find the pirate flag amidst all the other flags (click on the picture for a better view)? This was also at the Norfolk Harborfest.
10. Interesting metal ant from an outdoor sculpture exhibition in Portsmouth.
11. Fireworks at the Norfolk Harborfest (I ended up filling up one whole memory card with nothing but fireworks shots!).
12. Beautiful, extra large poppy in Williamsburg, VA
13. Lovely rainbow on top of the clouds, taken from the plane on the way back to Manchester NH.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Posted in Uncategorized | 46 Comments