Banner found at Banners by Emily (I loved this banner so much, I had to do a Thursday Thirteen! Thanks, Emily!)
Thirteen Things I Wonder About
1. Why do lilacs smell so good?
2. Why am I so attracted to the ocean?
3. Why am I so hard on myself?
4. Why do I love to take pictures?
5. Why am I so easily amused and never bored?
6. Why do I love flip flops so?
7. Why am I such a procrastinator?
8. Why does macaroni & cheese in the blue box taste so damn good?
9. Why are some people so mean and self centered and others so totally giving?
10. Why do I like salty things way more than sweet things?
11. Why does rain smell nice?
12. Why do I love the sound of coyotes howling, off in the distance?
13. Why do I like blogging so much?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
3. Ocean Lady
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Posted in Uncategorized | 13 Comments
Seen over at Crazy Thoughts by Chelle:
List seven songs you’re into right now. No matter the genre, whether [or not] they have words, or even if they’re any good, they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs, then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
* You’re Beautiful ~ James Blunt (I just love his voice)
* Dirty Little Secrets – All-American Rejects (one of the best videos I’ve ever seen!)
* She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5 (”tap on my window” reminds me of the old Aretha song, Until You Come Back To Me
* I Do The Rock – Tim Curry (Interesting explanation of the lyrics here)
* Such A Night – Dr. John (…sweet confusion under the moonlight…)
* Kiss On My List – Hall & Oates (they are NOT Wuss rock!)
* Tattooed Love Boys – The Pretenders (”I shot my mouth off and you showed me what that hole was for.” Hmm…wonder what Chrissie means by THAT!)
Like Chelle, I’m not tagging anyone…if you want to do it, go ahead (you know you want to). It was interesting to me that there are no Zeppelin songs on the list!
Posted in Uncategorized | 4 Comments
Last night, Krista and I met up at the Rock Bottom Brewery, had some delicious mac & chicken & cheese and steak tips, accompanied by a couple of beers, natch, and headed off to see Ray Davies at the Orpheum.
Hmmm…well, the Orpheum is a beautiful old theater that has fallen on hard, hard times. It’s like the old Comm Avenue Grand Dame who is house rich but money poor and things are falling apart. It has a LOVELY ceiling:
and is desperately in need of renovation. It’s a shame they (whoever “they” are) don’t do anything about this.
Ray was…ok. He was Ray, meaning he was demanding, impatient, took too long to start, took too long of a break, played too many songs off his new CD and not enough old ones for my taste. Although…the ones he DID do were fantastic! 20th Century Man (1st song on my iPod), Sunny Afternoon & Low Budget (LOVE that one, hadn’t heard it in years) were a few I particularly like. He did look like he was having a good time, tho and the fans LOVED him.
Review from Boston.com
Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments
Join the Reeves Elementary PTO for an evening of shopping! A wide variety of cash and carry or orderable items will be offered from various home party reps, crafters and local businesses.
When: Thursday, March 30th
Where: Holiday Inn Select (next to Showcase Cinemas), Woburn MA
What time: 6:30-10:30 PM
Raffles and cash bar! 100% of the proceeds benefit the playground fund.
Come on by!
***I’m not in the PTO; a friend at work is!***
Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments