First written on 2004/03/04:
1. I was born in Boston
2. in the summer of 1957
3. I was born late
4. which is the cause of me never being on time
5. I was a much wanted baby!
6. I have one younger brother
7. My parents are still married [Mom died 12/17/05, Dad on 12/31/08]
8. We moved from Brighton to Billerica when I was 3
9. I live in the house I lived in as a child
10. Got pregnant when I was 14, lost the baby
11. I had 3 best friends in high school, Pat, Michele, Andrea
12. Pat and I are still friends
13. I’m still friends with my boyfriend from high school, Cal
14. He was the first guy I lived with
15. We slept in a bus parked at his dad’s sawdust company for awhile
16. This was where I was when I heard John Lennon was dead
17. I used to love the James Montgomery Band
18. My first female roommate was my friend Sue
19. We had MUCH fun together!
20. And spent too much time at The Raft in Lowell
21. I met my first husband in a camera store in Chelmsford
22. He joined the Air Force shortly thereafter
23. I lived in Aurora, CO for 6 months with him while he was in tech school
24. Worked as a dog groomer there
25. He got orders for Hanscom AFB
26. I got a job at Hanscom and worked there for 12 years
27. I met Betsy there, and Michael
28. Michael and I lived together for 3 years
29. I loved him with all my heart
30. Was pregnant by him, but lost the baby
31. Dated a lot when we split up
32. Had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, lost a tube
33. Met Lou at Hanscom, too
34. He was my second husband
35. My first husband was infinitely nicer than my second
36. First ex is a photograph
37. Second ex is a firefighter
38. He has an extremely small penis
39. First ex did not
40. I moved to Japan in 1992, and lived there for 3 years with second husband
41. Fell in love with Japan
42. Met Gaylen there
43. And Reva
44. And James Taylor
45. Had an interesting job and worked for two Generals
46. One of the generals is pretty famous now
47. Visited Okinawa, South Korea & Hawaii
48. went to the ice festival in Sapporo
49. Sapporo reminded me of Boston
50. Separated from second ex
51. Moved to VA in Aug 1995, lived there for 1.5 years
52. With Michael’s sister Lynn & her son Jason
53. didn’t work for 3 months
54. spent a lot of time at the beach
55. Fell in love with the guy who lived upstairs, Calvin
56. Had the most amazing sex with him
57. He got married while we were dating
58. I still loved him
59. In fact, he moved in with me (his wife lived in Hawaii)
60. None of my friends liked him
61. Discovered the best pizza in the world at Crozet Pizza in Crozet, VA
62. which is near Charlottesville where I visited my friend Betsy often
63. we loved our pizza with shitake mushrooms & peapods
64. Visited five wineries in one day with Betsy & Griff…thank God Griff was driving and not tasting!
65. Once saw fireflys light up an evergreen tree on my birthday in June, so that it looked like a Christmas tree
66. Got homesick for MA
67. Talked to my old boss’s wife one day, found out he was looking for an admin assistant
68. He hired me and I had two weeks to move back to MA
69. I did it, and met two new friends, Eileen & Stephanie, in my new job!
70. Discovered the internet
71. Met many and varied people online, but most memorable were MaryEllen, Megan & Julie, who became my friends IRL
72. Lived in Somerville for a year, LOVED that
73. But was kind of lonely, living by myself
74. So I moved in with my parents
75. Julie was the only one to help me move out
76. Stephanie and her husband unpacked the truck we’d loaded cause I was exhausted!
77. Got a dog named Max
78. and a miniature pinscher named Chibi
79. and a shiba inu named Wolf
80. Found a home for Chibi
81. I love Wolf more than Max
82. He is my soulmate!
83. Celebrated my 40th birthday at my brother’s house, with all my friends from every stage of my life, that was fun!
84. Had a long distance relationship with Calvin
85. Flew to VA a lot
86. He bailed at the last possible second during IVF treatments
87. last time I saw him was June, 2001
88. I am obsessed with The Lord of the Rings trilogy
89. I’d like to have elf ears
90. Spent 10 beautiful days in Oahu last spring
91. And 2 awesome weeks in England & Scotland last summer
92. Fell in love with Edinburgh
93. And 4 days in Paris over Thanksgiving weekend
94. I LOVED Paris, which surprised me
95. But I dislike the French language
96. I have 3 tattoos, one pretty big and I want more (
sea turtle, thistle, snowman) [got the turtle and a few more!]
97. I also want to get my belly button pierced, but I want to lose weight first
98. I love to read
99. I love thunderstorms
100. And I’m looking forward to more adventures in life!
AND 67 MORE!!!
101. I love the new diet coke with lime…alot!
102. Camping in a tent in the woods is awesome!
103. I love sushi, I love sashimi even more!
104. But I can’t stand sea urchin roe!
105. And I won’t eat octopus or squid anymore. Anything that can change colors deserves life.
106. I lost my friend Michele because I was stupid enough to tell her her husband came on to me.
107. Instead of lending an ear, I often end up trying to fix my friends’ problems.
108. I feel like such a guy when I do this.
109. I think I’m ugly
110. And not very feminine
111. Kraft mac & cheese is awesome!
112. I love BNL
113. The first concert I went to was T-Rex, the Doobie Brothers opened for them.
1114. I hated Led Zep back in the day (ugh, those tight pants on Robert Plant), but now, in the midst of my LOTR obsession, I’ve come to love Led Zeppelin and…even think Robert Plant (back in the day) was a fine hottie (ooh, those tight pants)!
115. I also like Ozzie
116. I feel very alone in the world sometimes.
117. My one regret: not having children
118. The name I’d've used if I had a daughter: Jessamyn
119. I used to be more of a cat person than a dog person…but not anymore!
120. I’d love to drive cross country
121. The original Saturday Night Live was amazing!
122. Loved Gilda Radner
123. And Daryl Hall
124. Even wore my hair like him a long time ago
125. Loved the 80s
126. Hated the 70s
127. Jimmy Buffett’s concerts are the best!
128. My favorite book is The Hobbit
129. I liked the Harry Potter books much more than I imagined I would
130. The first person to tell me about a plane flying into the WTC was Don
131. When I was little, my favorite Beatle was John.
132. He was replaced by George when I was older.
133. My mother wouldn’t let me watch them on the Ed Sullivan show, I laid on the floor and listened while they watched it.
135. I love walking the beach at Plum Island, looking for sand dollars.
136. I’ve touched over 40 … oh uh uh, I can’t say that
137. I’m a chicken sometimes
138. I was once told by someone that she didn’t want to be friends with me anymore cause I was too boring.
139. I was also told I laugh too loud and ask too many questions
140. My second ex, or as I like to call him, SFSSDMF, said that.
141. SFSSDMF stands for short, fat, snoring, small-dicked motherfucker.
142. I love spam musubi!
143. I’d live in Hawaii if I could
144. I had my cat, Molly, cremated when she passed away at 18 years of age, and her remains are in the garden, in the sun, where she most liked to lie, under the stone statue of a fat cat.
145. I’m Mayflower English & German on my dad’s side, Scottish, Irish, French & Dutch on my mom’s.
146. My favorite number used to be 26 (it was the number of Don Awrey’s jersey, he was a Boston Bruin), then it was 64 (for a certain event that happened on Rt. 64W in VA), then it was 9…for the fellowship, now it’s 7
147. When I was 14 or so, I had a dark green window shade that Pat, Michele, Andrea and I drew a spiderweb on in silver glitter. It was beautiful.
148. Summer, Summer by Andy Pratt is one of my most favorite songs.
149. I would love to be more self-disciplined
150. When I lived in Japan, my parents used to tape my favorite tv shows and mail them to me
151. I like to think of myself as a free spirit.
152. I hitchhiked…a lot…as a teen, even once with Andrea, who was bringing a tray of eggplant parmigiana up to her boyfriend in York Beach, ME.
153. I love edamame
154. And Guinness
155. and pickles
156. I make the best molasses cookies
157. Missed 64 days in my senior year of high school, and still passed…
158. Didn’t go to any proms or things like that…thought it was nerdy.
159. Never had a big wedding, either.
160. I love love love a scottish accent.
161. Queer as Folk is a great show.
162. I’ve had two great office mates here: Diana & Alexi.
163. And I’m glad I got to know Aislinn. She makes me smile
164. I have a vanity plate that says GOLLUM
165. And that doesn’t make me feel like a nerd!
166(6). I’m glad I finally got to meet Art, after all these years!
167. This picture makes me absolutely DROOL!
168. I have an amazing man.
169. His name is Dave.
170. I never thought I would fall in love again.
171. I was wrong
172. We reconnected via Facebook on 2/2/10.
173. The last time we saw each other it was 1980 or so…at a club in Lowell called The Raft.
174. We met in 1974 when our parents made us go to church sponsored group therapy.
175. Never know who you might meet in group therapy!
176. I bought a condo in July of 2009, right before I started chemo and radiation for rectal cancer.
177. Had surgery for that 11/09, so far, so good!
178. Had surgery on my spine on 9/11/10…Strep B abscess…now THAT was painful!
179. Was on a morphine drip in the hospital which made me see things that weren’t there.
180. That was fun
181. What’s next?
182. My sweet Max passed away in March of this year. Dave draws a Christmas card for us each year, and on this one, Max will be an angel on top of the tree. I know he’s happy and painfree now…and I bet his breath is much better, and he can run and jump to his heart’s content.