Credit for this beautiful drawing of Snape and Lily goes to *perselus
click here to help provide food and care for a rescued animal living in a shelter or sanctuary
“To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go.” ~ Mary Oliver
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~ Dalai Lama
“Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time’ is to say, ‘I don’t want to’.” ~ Lao Tzu
Dave and I had his four year old grandson this weekend, and Saturday we took him to the Southeast Asian water festival in Lowell. Lots to see and do and for lunch we had some delicious grilled chicken with glutinous rice (long grain, rather than the short Japanese type I’m used to). I had a hankering to try some Thai iced tea, but the lines and yellow jackets were too much for me.
Afterwards we headed to a nearby lake for some relaxtion and refuge from the sun. It was supposed to be chilly and rainy but apparently the weather didn’t cooperate with the prediction in our neck of the woods!
And what day isn’t improved by blowing some bubbles?
Took a half day off from work last Friday and headed up to Vermont for a girl’s weekend! It’s about a 4 hour drive for me, which I don’t mind in the least. I listened to “A Night Circus” (narrated by Jim Dale, swoon), put on cruise control and off I went.
- Meandering up and down Church St in Burlington again
- snow flurries that didn’t amount to anything each morning
- walking in the woods with my friends, their children and their dogs
- Enjoyed some delicious lasagna (with an amazing vodka sauce) at Bove’s Café (the chef went up against Bobby Flay in a throw down…Flay won, but I heard he used much more expensive ingredients to tasty it up even more)
- Finding a little corner cafe that served a great maple soy latte
- Walking into Dobra’s Tea to see what they had to offer…amazing place!
- Playing a new game with Betsy’s daughters (i’ll be doggoned if I can remember the name of it…it was kind of similar to Apples to Apples)
- sitting around talking, reminiscing and just enjoying getting to see each other again. Betsy lives in Rochester, NY, Kris & her husband in Jamestown, NY and Maureen in Essex, VT, so it’s a bit of a ride in any direction if we all want to get together.
Took Dad out for breakfast, then took the dogs up to the beach. Still feeling energetic, and the dogs had a GREAT time playing with a Keeshond!
Breakfast: coffee, egg beaters w/swiss cheese (one slice), mushrooms, spinach & salsa, a slice of buttered bread, a few home fries w/ketchup
Lunch: thin slice of pizza & clementine, coffee with milk & equal
Dinner: 1/2 cup of the pepper casserole, some almonds, a tangerine, fat free ricotta with cinnamon & equal for dessert