Yesterday, a Facebook friend posted a map of a potential snow storm on the east coast that said this area could potentially get 30 inches of snow on Friday! Yikes!
The Blizzard of ‘78 began on a Monday morning, February 6th and finally tapered off on Tuesday evening. After all was said and done, we ended up with about 27 inches of snow.
I was living with my friend Sue and her 2 year old son Joel at that time and I vividly remember plopping him onto a sled and pulling him down to the local Store 24 to buy groceries. There was no driving LOL! Although, that weekend, I can remember driving into Boston with Sue to see a band we followed, and almost sliding off the road, but we were young and determined to have fun LOL!
Anyway…30 inches, eh? I’m hoping the storm blows out to sea. But part of me would LOVE to see that much snow again!
Posted in Snow | 6 Comments
Took a half day off from work last Friday and headed up to Vermont for a girl’s weekend! It’s about a 4 hour drive for me, which I don’t mind in the least. I listened to “A Night Circus” (narrated by Jim Dale, swoon), put on cruise control and off I went.
- Meandering up and down Church St in Burlington again
- snow flurries that didn’t amount to anything each morning
- walking in the woods with my friends, their children and their dogs
- Enjoyed some delicious lasagna (with an amazing vodka sauce) at Bove’s Café (the chef went up against Bobby Flay in a throw down…Flay won, but I heard he used much more expensive ingredients to tasty it up even more)
- Finding a little corner cafe that served a great maple soy latte
- Walking into Dobra’s Tea to see what they had to offer…amazing place!
- Playing a new game with Betsy’s daughters (i’ll be doggoned if I can remember the name of it…it was kind of similar to Apples to Apples)
- sitting around talking, reminiscing and just enjoying getting to see each other again. Betsy lives in Rochester, NY, Kris & her husband in Jamestown, NY and Maureen in Essex, VT, so it’s a bit of a ride in any direction if we all want to get together.
Do you have any plans for this weekend?
Posted in Photos, Snow, food, friends, it's all about me, outdoors, travel | 5 Comments
Dave played his guitar:
I baked cake and bread (had a container of buttermilk to use up):
Wolf begged for a piece of kettle corn the wonderful, fantastic Sherilee sent us:
Thank you so much Sherilee!!!
Then Wolf and I took a long walk in the woods, I did a bit of food shopping, Dave made an amazing seafood stew and I met Michelle at the mall and we had dinner at B. Fresh. Now I’m back home, watching Lilies of the Field, relaxing and enjoying life.
What are you up to?
Posted in Snow, it's all about me | 10 Comments