Borrowed from Dawn!
2) Candle scents this month: Yankee Candle’s Holiday Forest, a bit early, but there it is.
3) What I read this month: The House on First Street: My New Orleans Story by Julia Reed. A fun read…and I learned about a dessert I’d never heard about but damned if I can remember the name right now! hmmm…damn, I just googled every whichaway…it was a dessert from Alice B. Toklas cookbook…
4) Top three songs I was drawn to: Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zeppelin, That’s How I Got to Memphis by Solomon Burke and Black Water by the Doobie Brothers
5) Movies I saw: Same Time Next Year, a movie from the 1970s with Alan Alda…Dave had never seen it…have you seen it?
6) Favorite tv moments of the month: Jessica, the end of True Blood on 8/7…holy cow!!!
7) Something yummy I made: Um…I think I fried an egg or two this month and made some toast LMAO! Also, I cut up some roasted veggies & meat and made some delicious salads from the salad bar at work. That counts, right?
8.) Restaurants where I ate: I reconnected with Andrea, yet another old friend via Facebook; she and I had an amazing meal at Life Alive, and boy, was it filled with some great conversation! She was one of my best friends in high school…along with Pat, who’s still my friend and Michele, Andrea’s cousin, whom I no longer talk to. Also, Dave’s sister, Sue; his daughter, Melissa and I went to Pickity Place in Mason, NH…delicious food and a fun time!
9) Five things I am loving this month: (1) Welcoming three new babies into the world…first my friend Heather had a gorgeous baby girl, Yumiko; next my friend Diana had a beautiful son, Jackson, and lastly, Dave’s oldest son and his wife had their first son (Dave’s 4th grandchild) on 8/10!; (2) spending the weekend down the Cape with my cousin Maribeth; she went to her 35th high school reunion and I drove LOL!; (3) a weekend in the White Mountains where I saw a bear! Two bears, actually!; (4) that I got the all clear for another 3 months cancer free; (5) spending time with Dave’s family
10) A goal I had for this month: Lose weight each Saturday at my WW weigh in. Hmmm…yeah, I didn’t do so good this month…but nevertheless, I will prevail!
11) This month I looked forward to: All the babies! And going to the Melissa Etheridge concert with my friend Maureen and to the Doobie Brothers/Lynyrd Skynyrd show with Dave, Pat & Jim (the only thing I didn’t like about the concert was the zeal of some of those LS fans…coulda done without the rebel flag waving *rolls eyes*)!
12) Something I want to remember about this month: I am loved!