Come play along at The Common Miracles Project!
Miracle #1: Saw the new Pirates movie Friday night…and fell asleep. Not exactly an earth shattering miracle, or even a very good one, but a definite strange one, since I’ve never fallen asleep at a Johnny Depp movie before!
Miracle #2: Down 1.4 pounds at WW, bringing the total lost to 6.8. They say the ideal is 1 to 2 pounds a week, so I’m right on track with that. Woohoo! Also, the world didn’t end, and that was good
see the shape in the picture?
Miracle #3: Rain followed us everywhere we went Saturday, but we managed to out fox it til we got home. Had an ok meal at the Portsmouth Brewery and a great time just riding around. Did the same thing Sunday, but I was a more contemplative mood and so more quiet. Generally, when i’m quiet, Dave thinks I’m mad. We drove past his brother’s old home in Mason, NH and went to Pickity Place, too. It’s the site of the home where Little Red Riding Hood was written; now it’s a restaurant/gift shop/herb garden and just gorgeous!
Posted in The Common Miracles Project | 14 Comments
I saw this Common Miracles bloggy thing over on Sherilee’s blog; Chel at Ginger Blue sponsors The Common Miracles Project and I thought I’d participate. Chel says: “I want to know: What small, simple things brought you comfort today? What made you feel a little more okay? Is it one thing, or ten things, or two HUGE thing or five tiny things?”
Well, here are a few things, tiny or huge, you decide:
- This morning, I had Special K with red berries and the smell and taste brought me comfort…it’s SO good! I’ve been having that for breakfast the last couple of weeks and found I’d missed it this weekend (went out for breakfast both days).
- I recently found out I have moderate to severe arthritis in my left knee…it brings me comfort that 1) advil makes the pain go away and 2) it doesn’t keep me from doing what I like to do (walking the dogs, hiking, biking)
- Also on a health note, I was extremely comforted today to find out at my second 6 month checkup, I am cancer free!!! I had to say goodbye thought to my chemo doc…he’s moving back to VA. Those of you in the Fairfax area are so very lucky to get him!
- This wasn’t the only good news I got today; I found chocolate that counts as 1 point in the WW system…and it comes in the funky tastes I love (Firecracker: dark chocolate, chipotle, salt & popping candy(!!!); Honeycomb: dark chocolate caramelized honeycomb; Coffee & Anise: dark chocolate, finely ground espresso & star anise; Coco: Dark chocolate, coconut, almond, cinnamon & coriander and others. They’re by Chuao Chocolatier in Carlsbad, CA (chuaochocolatier.com)
- I was comforted (as always) by coming home to an amazing meal cooked by Dave (he does most of the cooking, since he gets home way before me). He adapted his Mom’s stuffed pepper recipe to something much more WW friendly, and oh mah goodness, is it delicious! Course…I didn’t have room to eat it, since I went out for a celebratory dinner with my friend Megan (we were enchanted by tiny baby bunnies running back and forth near our window), who came with me to MGH for my appointment. I had spicy pasta with mushrooms, garlic and fresh tomatoes in a white wine, EVOO sauce [light, VERY light on the EVOO per my request], but it’ll be perfect for lunch tomorrow.
- Speaking of WW, I lost 5.4 pounds since I Joined on 4/30/11. I go to the 930 am Saturday meeting, just me and my cup of coffee and learn. It has helped me tremendously to track points [although I was horrified to see how much a piece of focaccia (lol spell check wants to change focaccia to either Boccaccio, Fibonacci, local or flaccid) bread was in terms of points]; thank goodness I have a bank of extra points each week…I definitely needed to use that tonight!
Posted in The Common Miracles Project | 6 Comments